Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
04:57 AM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
lets all go to the magician's b-day
User Info.
I absolutely cannot stand even one song on this album. Way too overproduced. Good review, but this band is not for me anymore and I would not call this album experimental, I would call it they are a pop band now. Their drummer is so good and his talent is being wasted in this band.
04:31 PM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
User Info.
Compared to Fall Out Boy's previous works, this is most certainly experimental, as Tony said FOB has never done anything remotely close to Headfirst Slide...Not sure how you would consider this not experimental
Folie a Deux is about as experimental as someone trying Pepsi for the first time. Everybody else already has had a taste and you can find it everywhere.

I do not see what is so experimental about crafting your music so that a wider slice of the population will find something they like in it.
04:33 PM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
User Info.
I have never been a huge fall out boy fan but after reading this review this album looks really good. I totally got pick it up
Don't do it dude!
07:42 PM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
User Info.
Are you saying that ab album can't be experimental and pop at the same time?
No, I am saying that just because you change the style of music you make, it does not make it experimental. Radiohead after The Bends I would consider experimental. Folie a Deux does not present anything groundbreaking.

Folie a Deux is about as experimental as someone trying Pepsi for the first time. Everybody else already has had a taste and you can find it everywhere.

I do not see what is so experimental about crafting your music so that a wider slice of the population will find something they like in it.
07:47 PM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
User Info.
Fall Out Boy have always been a pop band.
What do you mean by "pop band?" Just curious.
10:07 PM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
User Info.
As in they've always made pop music.
I was not asking you.
10:10 PM on 12/16/08
mr chainsaw
User Info.
Wah wah wah. The music in several cases on this album is the band EXPERIMENTING with styles they haven't explored before. You're just arguing semantics in an attempt to bolster your argument against the album.

Is the band forging a new genre or subgenre? Of course not, but nobody claimed they were.

I am probably just pissed that they have changed so much too. I just can't believe everyone on this site loves the new album so much. I can't stand it...and it sucks cause I know how they started first hand and I really wish I could get into their new sound, but I can't.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests