AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 258
06:57 AM on 12/16/08
sjb2k1
User Info.
"she's my winona" is a terrible song. i skip it every time.
06:58 AM on 12/16/08
DI Pistola
tune in Tokyo
User Info.
yeah this new shit sucks... I liked the new AAR cd better.
I think this says more about you, than it does about FOB or AAR.

Ouch.
07:01 AM on 12/16/08
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
"she's my winona" is a terrible song. i skip it every time.
It's so repetitive and some of the lyrics are bizarre; I wish it was a lot better.

Don't really care for West Coast Smoker.
07:07 AM on 12/16/08
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
Can someone helped me out with Pharell's guest part in "w.a.m.s.?" Does he actually do vocals in the song? If so, I can't pick him out from Patrick to save my life.
07:14 AM on 12/16/08
Liter-O-Cola
Is there a ghost in my house?
User Info.
I absolutely cannot stand even one song on this album. Way too overproduced. Good review, but this band is not for me anymore and I would not call this album experimental, I would call it they are a pop band now. Their drummer is so good and his talent is being wasted in this band.
I actually do like FOB's stuff, excluding about half of Infinity on High and this entire album, but I definitely agree with you on a few things. This is overproduced to the point that it sounds about as artificial as the lyrics, and I would absolutely not call this "experimental"...unless they are experimenting with what it feels like to strip all emotion/creativity/sincerity out of their music. I'm all for change, hell pop-punk isn't even my favorite type of music, but this album's lack of...anything just makes it boring.
07:22 AM on 12/16/08
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
Oh, and as far as the guest vocals from Lil Wayne - they were pointless. I'm a big Lil Wayne fan. He has the ability to do so many things with a track, but sticking him towards the end of the song with the little part he had? Might as well just left him off. I was excited to hear the track and then disappointed when it was over.
07:31 AM on 12/16/08
Blakebear
User Info.
I think the problem people have with FOB is that they remain under the impression that FOB is some kind of "pop-punk" band.

They are a pop band. If you don't like pop, you don't like FOB.

If this is the case, I guess you'll just have to keep lamenting TTTYG. Unfortunately for you, thats just not FOB anymore.
07:35 AM on 12/16/08
TyroneShoolaces
User Info.
Quoting somebody else, "If you don't like the new Fall Out Boy, you are trying too hard to be cool."

Love, love, love the Elvis Costello.
07:38 AM on 12/16/08
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
Patrick Stump's vocals are the only reason I listen to this band. If any other singer was singing this album I wouldn't give a fuck.

And the User ratings for vocals are going down. It's at 7.32 now. Unbelievable.
07:41 AM on 12/16/08
Un'Aria Ancora
The best happiness money can buy.
User Info.
2 listens was a chore, Headfirst is good at least, good for them.
07:44 AM on 12/16/08
c_rob2700
believe that we have lost our eyes
User Info.
thank you soooo much for not making the whole review center around Pete. Best review of this album i've seen
07:50 AM on 12/16/08
WishYouAway
User Info.
This review felt... unstructured. You're giving a song-by-song summary, then you bust into talking about how they've changed from TTYG, then right back to a song summary, except it's incredibly more detailed.

I dunno.

It also feels like it suffers from "wall of text" syndrome at times, especially in the 5th paragraph.
07:57 AM on 12/16/08
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
This review felt... unstructured.

I agree with this. After I read the review, I was like "Um, okay?" I've pretty much forgotten what he said about the album.
07:57 AM on 12/16/08
refgirl23
at least I'm not a UT fan
User Info.
The lyrics on this album had more relevance to me than on any of their albums since TTTYG. Maybe it's where I am in my life, maybe it's where they are in their careers, but I actually really enjoyed and agreed with some of the things they said in some lines on FAD.

Same thoughts here. I absolutely love The (Shipped) Gold Standard for the line can "You can only blame your problems on the world for so long, before it all becomes the same old song."
07:59 AM on 12/16/08
The Personist
http://davidwpritchard.tumblr.co m
User Info.
Amazing album, and the review does it much justice.

Well written, sir.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version