Album Review

Since Forever - Welcome to the Nightmare Album Cover

Since Forever - Welcome to the Nightmare

Reviewed by
Since Forever - Welcome to the Nightmare
Record Label: None
Release Date: October 31, 2008
Who?

Since Forever, a Christian Pop-Punk band from Nashville who has lots of potential.

How is it?

Not bad, although it is quite generic. Since Forever starts off the EP with the song "The # 1 Rule Of Sound," which includes very catchy lyrics and isn't anything you haven't heard before, but it's still enjoyable. As the EP continues it is evident that the Zach Easterwood has had past experience with recording or playing in a band, as his vocals are fairly impressive. The guitarists and drummer can be very creative in Welcome To The Nightmare, creating smooth flowing songs. After listening to the track "Champions Of Norrath," I was very surprised to hear screams bolted out by Spencer Blake (the bassist) and it didn't sound bad, although it didn't fit into the overall flow. The track "Bears, Bears Of Cloverfield" takes everything you have heard on Welcome To The Nightmare and compacts it into one. As this EP finished, I can't wait to see where this young band goes. They should not be unsigned for much longer.

Recommended if You Like All Time Low; Hit the Lights; Ice Nine Kills

myspace.com/sinceforever
This review is a user submitted review from Handraa. You can see all of Handraa's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
08:04 AM on 12/26/08
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
Did that dude ask you to review this album too? I think there will be like 5 reviews when it's all said and done. All the reviews posted pretty much say the same thing. I wouldn't give it a 77% and the screaming, whoever it was, was absolutely terrible.
08:17 AM on 12/26/08
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Did that dude ask you to review this album too? I think there will be like 5 reviews when it's all said and done. All the reviews posted pretty much say the same thing. I wouldn't give it a 77% and the screaming, whoever it was, was absolutely terrible.
Yeah, that guy asked me to do it also.
08:31 AM on 12/26/08
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
Yeah, that guy asked me to do it also.

Well, you can't say the guy isn't trying, I guess.
10:51 AM on 12/26/08
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
so it's recommended if you like shit? no thanks.
11:22 AM on 12/26/08
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Well, you can't say the guy isn't trying, I guess.
Yeah, at least they have a good manager.
12:00 PM on 12/28/08
BruisedxBroken
Our song, the sound of suffering...
User Info.
I9K looks really random next to ATL and HTL...
11:25 AM on 01/09/09
Sinceforever<3
User Info.
I think this band is absalutely amazing. The screeming, done by Spencer Blake, was my favorite part of Champions Of Norrath. I hope to hear more of them soon. They are sweet to talk to and have great personalities. I hope all the people who are making judgments will go out and accually listen to their songs and not only go by someone's oppinion. Thanks for putting this review, but I dont think you gave Since Forever a review they deserve.
Thats just my oppinion.
11:41 AM on 01/09/09
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
I think this band is absalutely amazing. The screeming, done by Spencer Blake, was my favorite part of Bears, Bears of Cloverfield. I hope to hear more of them soon. They are sweet to talk to and have great personalities. I hope all the people who are making judgments will go out and accually listen to their songs and not only go by someone's oppinion. Thanks for putting this review, but I dont think you gave Since Forever a review they deserve.
Thats just my oppinion.

Honestly, this review gave the album the highest score, out of the 4 that have been posted. All 4 reviews, one of which being mine, all seem to say the same thing. Here are the links for the other reviews:

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=762182

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=735242

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=681792

I'm glad that you like the music and like the band, but the general consensus is that this album isn't very good. But, it does have promise. On that note, all the reviewers that mention the screaming aren't refering to "Bears, Bears of Cloverfield." The screaming was in "Champions of Norrath" and this reviewer was the only one that felt it was somewhat decent. For me, it was completely flat, not needed and just pretty awful. As far as not giving it the review it deserved, or the outcome you desired, the sentiment of this reviewer is probably as optimistic as you're going to get.
11:50 AM on 01/09/09
Sinceforever<3
User Info.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I was thinking about Bears, Bears of Cloverfield when i wrote it.
12:06 PM on 01/09/09
MusicTalks
@JasDunham
User Info.
Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I was thinking about Bears, Bears of Cloverfield when i wrote it.

"Bears, Bears of Cloverfield" is definitely their best sound on the album. If they had channeled that song on the entire thing, we might be singing a different tune. Nonetheless, I think that if they can progress with their next release, it will be a good record.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos