Password

Album Review
Through the Speakers - We. Won't. Stop. Album Cover

Through the Speakers - We. Won't. Stop.

Reviewed by
Through the Speakers - We. Won't. Stop.
Record Label: None
Release Date: November 24, 2008
I truly believe, that at this point in time, all reviewers are becoming bad stand-up comedians from the 80's. Every single set-up starts with "Hey, what's the deal with scene kids", complimented by some hate driven banter about poor, well, everything! And a nice little bow on top to wrap the whole package up. I guess that's all we have to work with when we see the music around us becoming nothing more then a joke.

When I say joke, I don't mean a nicely set-up, great punch line Don Rickles-esque piece of work. I mean a poorly constructed, obnoxious, obscene form of noise made to appeal to the people with a lot of money, but very little sense.

I guess that brings us to the debut EP from Fort Lauderdale's Through the Speakers, who have presented the listening community with something just...bad. One could listen to the likes of Breathe Caroline, Metro Station, and Jeferee Star all day, and find that they have greater artistic merit then this band.

Granted, some of these songs are listenable. "Dear Diary..." is slower and lacks the obnoxious-ness littered throughout this abomination. The production of beats throughout is good, but is all too repetitive and loses any and all catchiness after about three listens. Let's not forget about the incredibly poor use of auto-tune on this record, which is utterly laughable and just sad after a point.

All in all, if I were to name a few tracks you may want to give your time, if you like this kind of music, I would recommend trying "Stutter Shake Breakdown," "Dear Diary...," and "Painting Your Escape." The rest of the album is just bad, a blatant rip-off of something nobody likes to begin with (see: Breathe Carolina). Certainly give this album your time though, only to hear truly how unnecessary its existence is though. The biggest joke of all is, in the end, a hundred scene kids will come knocking at my door demanding my head. Funny stuff...

Recommended if You LikeBreathe Carolina; Metro Station; Brokencyde

myspace.com/throughthespeakers
This review is a user submitted review from GlamourKillsUs. You can see all of GlamourKillsUs's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
07:18 AM on 12/26/08
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
D'oh! You gave them exactly what they wanted - undeserved attention.
10:57 AM on 12/28/08
BruisedxBroken
Our song, the sound of suffering...
User Info.
Yet another group of musical trend hoppers. This band would be nu-metal if nu-metal were still "teh shiz"...
03:01 PM on 12/30/08
CandassTDs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It is quite laughable, yes, but just know that the person laughing loudest is Malcom Lacey, lead singer and songwriter of Through the Speakers. His music is for simply his enjoyment and that of his friends. As he's told me on many occasions, "It's not serious. The funniest part of it all is when people take our music so seriously, and I'm just like, dude, it's really not." He isn't looking for "undeserved attention" or recognition, he's just sharing what he loves with the world, and I see absolutely no problem with that.

Ex3
06:27 PM on 01/05/09
sirbiggins
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i think the people who make this so called Emo-Crunk or whatever you want to call it, have a certain amount of tone deaf-ness to them, and if it is jsut for so called fun aparently the joke is as obnoxious and unfunny as a Japanese game show host. Its like a in-joke spread so thin and so incomprehensible that its a pull my finger joke that has quadruple meanings. the answer of it being "fun" sounds a like self conscience cop out. but alas i lsitened to them and thier not fun, their just kind of annoying, and its clearly not jsut for his friends cuz his shit is on i tunes, so aparently he wants to get more people outisde his friends to buy into his music. Ive noticed every band in this so called genre sounds exactly...and i mean exactly the same
11:26 PM on 10/02/12
JesusV2
So it goes
User Info.
This is a fucking masterpiece, you pieces of shit
11:27 PM on 10/02/12
lightcollapse
on the edge of summer
User Info.
this is like the disneyland of music
11:27 PM on 10/02/12
Theseventhson