AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Myspace News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Sequence Cover Rihanna

Posted by - 12:07 AM on 12/18/08
The Sequence have posted a cover of "Disturbia" on their myspace. The song appears on their new EP, In Lights, which is available through Amazon now.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
12:47 AM on 12/18/08
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
Pretty good, but not that different from the original ...
01:31 AM on 12/18/08
Jackfrost50
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's too bad that The Cab is also doing Disturbia for Punk Goes Pop. It'll totally steal the thunder from The Sequence, a band I thoroughly enjoy.
01:34 AM on 12/18/08
coolguy2236
ROCK N' ROLL
User Info.
fuck the cab, the sequence did it first!
01:39 AM on 12/18/08
Jackfrost50
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
fuck the cab, the sequence did it first!

As disappointed as I was with Whisper War, I totally agree.

And yes, The Sequence did do it first.

Can't wait to see these guys in '09.
02:08 AM on 12/18/08
CyberInferno
Tech Round-up Author,Chipotle Lover
User Info.
Wow, these guys have some resentment of The Cab. Not that I blame them.

From the band members' respective status informations on their myspace page:
Travis: "the cab likes to steal ideas"
Brandon: "Give us the money and label that the cab has and we blow them the fuck out of the water. oh wait. we already do." "Time for some friendly competition."
Kevin: "wow the cab jacked us for sure"

Good cover.
02:39 AM on 12/18/08
ChrisCTL
User Info.
pretty good cover
03:14 AM on 12/18/08
xtheaudition
User Info.
is it any good? im too lazy to go listen.
03:19 AM on 12/18/08
whiterapppa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Brandon from The Sequence speaking,

I look at the comments that we made on twitter, and dang, they look pretty resentful. We were practicing today, and everything was going great, when Kevin checked his phone, and saw that the tracklisting for Punk goes Pop 2 was out. Low and behold, The Cab has decided to cover Rihanna's Disturbia. I'm sure that they didn't get the idea from us, and that they are probably just about as big of fans of the song as we are. They didnt jack the song from us, because it's not our song to begin with. We were twittering at practice, and there was definitely a shit mood when we found out. Hence, the above noted comments. It kinda sucks that we spent money out of our own pockets to try and cover a great song, that would be fun for our fans, and help get the name out there to people who might not even listen to poprock. It seems a little bit unfair that a band with the support of a record label such as Decaydence & Fueled by Ramen can come in and steal what little spotlight our cover might have brought us. It's difficult for hard working, lesser-known bands to get noticed, and we gotta try to pull every stunt we can. I'm sure they had no idea we had covered it, so there really is no fault on their play.It just sucks how shit happens sometimes. Definitely no hard feelings towards The Cab or anything, but maybe when they put their song up to hear, a little "friendly competition" might be in order. ;)
03:23 AM on 12/18/08
Jackfrost50
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I look at the comments that we made on twitter, and dang, they look pretty resentful. We were practicing today, and everything was going great, when Kevin checked his phone, and saw that the tracklisting for Punk goes Pop 2 was out. Low and behold, The Cab has decided to cover Rihanna's Disturbia. I'm sure that they didn't get the idea from us, and that they are probably just about as big of fans of the song as we are. They didnt jack the song from us, because it's not our song to begin with. We were twittering at practice, and there was definitely a shit mood when we found out. Hence, the above noted comments. It kinda sucks that we spent money out of our own pockets to try and cover a great song, that would be fun for our fans, and help get the name out there to people who might not even listen to poprock. It seems a little bit unfair that a band with the support of a record label such as Decaydence & Fueled by Ramen can come in and steal what little spotlight our cover might have brought us. It's difficult for hard working, lesser-known bands to get noticed, and we gotta try to pull every stunt we can. I'm sure they had no idea we had covered it, so there really is no fault on their play.It just sucks how shit happens sometimes. Definitely no hard feelings towards The Cab or anything, but maybe when they put their song up to hear, a little "friendly competition" might be in order. ;)

I'm definitely anxious to see what The Cab does as well.

Oh, and just fyi, Simplify > Whisper War.
04:55 AM on 12/18/08
just-in.
Burritos and New Found Glory.
User Info.
I bet their version is better than The Cab's will be anyway. I thought it was a great cover.
06:22 AM on 12/18/08
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
At least it's not another fucking Umbrella cover
07:45 AM on 12/18/08
ajkeefner
User Info.
did the band pay to get the right for it to be on their album? Cause I would think it might be a little bit of $$$ to get the right to use this on an album they are selling.
If not, hopefully they don't sell a bunch of records and then get sued by Rihanna. haha
08:16 AM on 12/18/08
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.

Uhh, stop whining. FBR didn't do that on purpose and "steal the spotlight". Get over yourself.
08:25 AM on 12/18/08
Josh818
Josh Hay / Nokia Music
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Uhh, stop whining. FBR didn't do that on purpose and "steal the spotlight". Get over yourself.
Just because the track listing came out doesn't mean the band didn't decide to do this even before The Sequence.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos