AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Red Car Wire - Let's Never Get Older Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 6.75
Lyrics 6.25
Production 7.75
Creativity 5
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 68%
Member Ratings
Vocals 9.08
Musicianship 9.42
Lyrics 9.17
Production 9.33
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 9
Reviewer Tilt 10
Average: 91%
Inside AP.net

Red Car Wire - Let's Never Get Older

Reviewed by: Burn That Shit (12/19/08)
Red Car Wire - Let's Never Get Older
Record Label: Universal Motown
Release Date: October 7, 2008

Who?

If you're a teen girl, you probably already know. This is Red Car Wire, a pop punk act hailing from Dallas, Texas. Given the massive street team these young men have accumulated, if you haven't already heard about these dudes, you will very soon.

How is it?

It is successful for pop punk, or any pop music, in that it is very catchy. I'm not the biggest fan of pop punk in the world, however I do remember kicking myself a couple times this week when I found myself humming the instrumentals to the opening track, "Timing Just Isn't Your Thing." Vocal harmonization on this record is pretty solid, and I swear one of these vocalists sounds like a Blink-182-esque Tom Delonge. The production is very professional, although at times I must say that they do seem a tad bit over-produced, in that you can tell where auto tune is heavily applied and where it is not. The album fails in two places. There is not a great variety of songs and the lyrics were quite weak and cliche at times. Unfortunately, this is the thing that plagues quite a few contemporary pop punk acts, but given that they even say that they have a "distinctive" sound, and failed to produce one, it was rather disappointing. Overall, it was an okay EP, but hopefully they can pull through with something a bit more "distinctive" on their upcoming album.

Track Listing01. Timing Just Isn't Your Thing
02. So Far
03. Friends
04. Kids in Love
05. Affinity
06. Rachael Leigh Cook

Recommended if You LikeForever the Sickest Kids; Mayday Parade; pop punk in general

myspace.com/redcarwire

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:11 PM on 12/29/08
dru
i know i got my issues...
User Info.
I agree with your review; well-said
10:50 AM on 12/30/08
Bluth
mark brendanaquitz
User Info.
that was their old album art, they had a new one released right before this album got released, just so you know. and also, rachael leigh cook wasn't released on the ep--as of now, its just an extra song.

good review though. they are nothing incredibly special to the music scene, but i find them enjoyable, so i listen to them. :)
02:35 PM on 12/30/08
Burn That Shit
a strange turn of events
User Info.
that was their old album art, they had a new one released right before this album got released, just so you know. and also, rachael leigh cook wasn't released on the ep--as of now, its just an extra song.

good review though. they are nothing incredibly special to the music scene, but i find them enjoyable, so i listen to them. :)
Yeah I noticed that the album art from the album is different than what's posted across the internet, weird.
03:43 PM on 12/30/08
mrstysonritter
you've got standards, girl
User Info.
the demos of these songs are way better than the ones on the ep but this is an amazing ep nonetheless.
06:08 PM on 02/19/09
TimeWire
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this band the music, rocks! Definately worth listening to / buying / completely falling in love with. =)
12:17 PM on 02/21/09
paigelovesthema
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This was a good review. But from my point of view I thought the album was great! I think that Red Car Wire is a very talented band and I think they will go really far.
12:34 PM on 02/21/09
MarandaxAnn
User Info.
I think this EP is better than just "okay". I absolutely love it.
11:36 AM on 02/22/09
Lion8520
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i can't stop listening to it...it is WAYYYY better than "okay"
i listen to it a MINIMUM of 5 times a day (while i do homework, ect.)

its epic.

=)

the ONLY problem it possily could even be considered to have is that it's too short! the more RCW the better!
01:26 PM on 02/26/09
thatgrlaudrey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I very much agree with your review.well-said.
01:18 PM on 03/06/09
mychemicalm3gan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Red Car Wire is a great band with some amazing music!
Consider going to see them live!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News