Username
Password
Metal News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Metal
Inside AP.net

Metal & Hardcore Round-Up (12-20-08)

Posted by: Lueda Alia (12/20/08)
Head to the replies to read and discuss about metal and hardcore news, albums, tour dates and more.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 40.
11:47 AM on 12/20/08
Lueda Alia
User Info.
This week's round-up was put together by Alex. If you are interested in helping out, please contact me.

Metal Round-UpNews

Warbringer have selected Exodus' Gary Holt to producer their upcoming full length. They'll be heading into Sharkbite Studios on January 19th and aiming for a late May release.

Willowtip Records has signed Washington, D.C.'s Magrudergrind, Sweden's Afgrund, and Rome, Italy's Felshgod Apocalypse.

The Black Dahlia Murder have recruited Arsis guitarist Ryan Knight to fill the void left by John Kempainen.

Through the Eyes of the Dead are currently writing a new full-length, which will be recorded in April with Hate Eternal's Erik Rutan. Says guitarist Justin Longshore, "The newer material is coming along great and has a lot of new surprises from what we've done in the past."

A video of Despised Icon playing "The Sunset Will Never Charm Us" from their upcoming live DVD, Montreal Assault, can be viewed here.

Cattle Decapitation posted a new song entitled "The Gardeners of Eden" on Myspace.

Abigail Williams, Rose Funeral, Burning the Masses, and The Breathing Process will be touring together next year.

Facedown Records has signed Fargo, North Dakota's Hands. The band is preparing to head to the studio to record their Facedown debut, due out in July.

Between the Buried and Me are currently writing a new album. They're keeping a blog chronicling the writing process.

High on Fire has signed to Koch Records. The band is currently writing a new album to be released next summer.

Thick as Blood posted the first studio diary following the recording of their new album, Embrace.

Woe of Tyrants posted a new song entitled "Like Jasper and Carnelian" on Myspace.

Caliban have revealed that their upcoming album will be titled Say Hello to Tragedy. Their recording process can be followed on their blog.

Mychildren Mybride, For Today, The Ghost Inside, and Broadcast the Nightmare will be touring together in February.

The album art and track listing for God Forbid's Earthsblood, along with insight from guitarist Doc Coyle, can be seen here. The album streets February 24th via Century Media.

Revolver Magazine has named Metallica's Death Magnetic as the Album of the Year.

The Boys of Summer Tour featuring Carpathian, Comeback Kid, Verse, and Against will invade Australia next month.

In celebration of their 10th anniversary, Robotic Empire set up a blog with free, rare music.

With Blood Comes Cleansing issued the following update regarding line-up changes:
"After a long hiatus, WBCC will be back to playing shows in January! Although our jobs do not permit us to tour, we will be playing weekend shows around the Southeast when we can. We've already posted a couple shows and there will be more to come. That's not all...some old faces will be rejoining the line-up! Michael Sasser on vocals, Spence Erickson on drums, and Pat Hood, our good friend from Remove the Veil, is on bass. Along with original member Jeremy Sims on guitar and long time member Scott Erickson on guitar. We can't wait to play shows and see old faces again. We hope to see all of you that can make it there! Again thank you all for the support! Stand firm in the faith and God bless!"

---------------------------------------------

Users Metal Reviews:

Destroy The Runner - Saints (Klatzke)

Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe (SwiftSilentDead)

Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe (Klatzke)

International Superheroes of Hardcore - HPxHC EP (bobby runs)

Beneath The Sky - The Day The Music Died (Klatzke)

At The Sounddawn - Red Square: We Come In Waves (Klatzke)

Norma Jean - The Anti Mother (Klatzke)

Ligeia - Bad News (Klatzke)

Elysia - Lion of Judas (Klatzke)

Gray Lines of Perfection - Reaching the Ends of the... (Klatzke)

---------------------------------------------

Recommendation of the Week:

Christmas is this week and, as is the case every year, some bands have recorded holiday-themed songs. Here are some to get you in the yuletide mood while keeping it metal like a girl with braces:

Theocracy posted a Christmas track entitled "Rudolph Vs. Frosty" on Myspace.

Aerosmith guitarist Joey Perry's version of his favorite Christmas song, Chuck Berry's "Run Rudolph Run," can be downloaded here.

Luna Mortis' version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" can be downloaded here.

Former Black Sabbath vocalist Tony Martin posted an unplugged Christmas song entitled "Who Put the Devil in Santa?" on Myspace.

Killwhiteydead's holiday video for their Christmas remix, "Let Me Give You a Hand Stuffing Your Stocking," can be viewed here.

Twisted Sister's music video of their version of "I'll Be Home For Christmas" (featuring Lita Ford) can be viewed here.

Austrian Death Machine's version of "Jingle Bells" can be previewed on Myspace.

We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year, a compilation featuring Alice Cooper, Ronnie James Dio, Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister, Testament's Chuck Billy, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl, and more performing metal renditions of Christmas classics, can be previewed here and here.
11:49 AM on 12/20/08
Whereisreggie
I don't give up, I let go.
User Info.
Koch Records has signed to High on Fire. The band is currently writing a new album to be released next summer.

I think you mean High on Fire signed to Koch Records haha
11:54 AM on 12/20/08
jtyexists9
We shouldnt have abandoned dreaming
User Info.
good to see WBCC is still going to play, nice gents.
11:58 AM on 12/20/08
timbedinosaur
Stay lucky
User Info.
I don't think I could listen to metal Christmas songs and ever see them the same way again
12:01 PM on 12/20/08
OdeToTheSun
Exit:Denied
User Info.
Way better than last week's!

That Lamb Of God link isn't working for me.

BTBAM, TTEOTD, and Thick As Blood's new stuff will be awesome. Can't wait! Wow, I had no idea about WBCC going through line-up changes. Abigail Williams/Rose Funeral tour should be great and now I wanna see the dates.
12:06 PM on 12/20/08
JohnDorian
Linguo Dead?
User Info.
Anyone care to translate the sheet music on BTBAM's blog?
12:08 PM on 12/20/08
trash zoo
User Info.
I was super late on this band, but I recommend everyone who enjoys BtB&M or Protest the Hero to listen to SikTh plz

BtB&M: "noisy Coalesce breakdown"
fuck yes
12:18 PM on 12/20/08
Ruethless
CAN I HAVE SOME DECORUM PLEASE?!
User Info.
Cephalic Carnage and Cattle Decapitation got added to Maryland Deathfest VII
12:24 PM on 12/20/08
saofan_315
So assuming that this weekend...
User Info.
Does anyone know why Lamb of God got kicked off the Metallica tour?
12:27 PM on 12/20/08
Linda Ferreira
retired maillady
User Info.
I think you mean High on Fire signed to Koch Records
Fixed. Thanks. I have noticed that you have been very helpful in this thread each week and usually supply additional information.
12:30 PM on 12/20/08
Whereisreggie
I don't give up, I let go.
User Info.
I want a Comeback Kid U.S. tour..
12:34 PM on 12/20/08
JohnDorian
Linguo Dead?
User Info.
I was super late on this band, but I recommend everyone who enjoys BtB&M or Protest the Hero to listen to SikTh plz

Very true, some of the vocals on Protest the Hero's Fortress sounded a lot like Sikth, I thought it sounded like BTBAM instrumentation with Dragonforce lyrics and Sikth vocals.
12:40 PM on 12/20/08
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Koch Records has signed to High on Fire. The band is currently writing a new album to be released next summer.

I think you mean High on Fire signed to Koch Records haha
Haha, indeed I do. My bad. Thanks for the heads up.

It also seems that the new LoG song has been removed. Bummer, it was decent.
12:42 PM on 12/20/08
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
Good stuff. Glad to hear the BTBAM news.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS