Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 43 of 43
02:41 PM on 12/29/08
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
Might as well call me crazy too.

I'm not sure that it is better than some of their previous records, but I loved "I'm Only a Man." Maybe not as heavy, but it still has some moments, and there really are some epic and experimental songs I really was into. Some of their best songs ("After the Devil," "From Crib to Coffin," "Don't Bore Us...") are on there. Maybe the entire record isn't on the same level as "The Question," but it's still damn good.
11:43 PM on 12/30/08
the.way.we.live
i guess you don't have faith(;
User Info.
i really love emery, first off, and all of their music. and really, what he said it's true. everybody always gets so hung up on the one or two songs that the radio stations play of any particular band, and then when the rest of the album or the next albums or whatever and it isn't the exact carbon copy, suddenly that particular band is 'off their game' and 'not worth anyone's time' anymore. that's kinda why i don't listen to the radio anymore, because that's where the problems start. also, this is why i enjoy buying the cds. instead of hearing the same song over and over, you get a better respect for the band, their style and every unique song in every way. bands really do put out a lot of stress and effort writing, composing and finishing the songs you hear. they want you to enjoy it, granted, but they write what they do to the standards they do because that's the music they want to be known for.
01:07 PM on 01/05/09
DejaNew
I'm back with scars to show
User Info.
lol at the part about the 14 year old growing out of them
12:51 PM on 01/15/09
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
I SO wanted them to cover why/when/if they'll get a new member in their band to cover for bass.
10:45 PM on 01/15/09
You Won't Know
User Info.
I SO wanted them to cover why/when/if they'll get a new member in their band to cover for bass.
Pretty sure the Tobey and the other vocalist just alternate, depending on who is singing the lead vocals on the song. Both of them play bass, it's been that way for at least a year or two live.
07:31 AM on 01/16/09
trappedintime
User Info.
Pretty sure the Tobey and the other vocalist just alternate, depending on who is singing the lead vocals on the song. Both of them play bass, it's been that way for at least a year or two live.
I want them to focus on one thing though. I don't like the fact that they alternate.
12:34 AM on 01/17/09
You Won't Know
User Info.
I want them to focus on one thing though. I don't like the fact that they alternate.
I guess I understand; but having seen them live three times now and been blown away every time, I'd say its a great way to keep the energy up and (probably) keep their voices intact in between the screams and singing.

Emery is a great live band first and foremost, and I think changing the dynamics of the band wouldn't be great.
06:15 AM on 01/17/09
trappedintime
User Info.
I guess I understand; but having seen them live three times now and been blown away every time, I'd say its a great way to keep the energy up and (probably) keep their voices intact in between the screams and singing.

Emery is a great live band first and foremost, and I think changing the dynamics of the band wouldn't be great.
Makes sense to me...
Now I feel dumb because I haven't even gotten the chance to see them live.
09:33 AM on 01/20/09
im_wide_awake
Roll along you BG warriors
User Info.
Such a great band. Even IAOAM. I think people were way too hard on that album, the CD had many many great songs. And another thing: I think In Shallow Seas We Sail will be even more brutalized by critics because Emery is most likely gonna push the envelope even further and go beyond IAOAM. So many it will be better, but it certainly will not be old Emery.
12:17 PM on 01/20/09
You Won't Know
User Info.
Such a great band. Even IAOAM. I think people were way too hard on that album, the CD had many many great songs. And another thing: I think In Shallow Seas We Sail will be even more brutalized by critics because Emery is most likely gonna push the envelope even further and go beyond IAOAM. So many it will be better, but it certainly will not be old Emery.
I agree. But I think if people come in with an open mind, and if Emery still brings a few really heavy songs, it will be received a little better.
12:18 PM on 01/20/09
You Won't Know
User Info.
Makes sense to me...
Now I feel dumb because I haven't even gotten the chance to see them live.
Don't feel bad. You'll get your chance, they always tour their asses off, and they are a great live band. Go see 'em next time!!!
07:48 PM on 04/09/09
codenameLarz
MidwestxRevenge
User Info.
Emery is an extrodinary band live, when I met the dudes they were all pretty nice and relaxed.. haha I remember the costumes from Warped tour.
07:26 PM on 05/13/09
H8ionSens8ion
you were meant for amazing things..
User Info.
I was pretty thrown off by the lame break-up lyrics on their last EP, musically it's great. I just hope they go back to writing lyrics that aren't crying about some girl for 8 songs.

I agree. Musically and lyrically, I loved IAOAM because it showed a different side to just screaming and the EP had me worried about the direction they were going lyrically. Will that stop me buying the new CD? Nope. Still love Emery, whether they play acoustically, screaming or something in between. I enjoy the interview because in some way I was one of those who were kinda judging them based on the first songs off the new album. Thanks for correcting me haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos