AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fueled By Ramen News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

VersaEmerge Enters Studio

Posted by - 11:58 AM on 12/22/08
VersaEmerge has entered the studio today to begin recording their upcoming Ep with James Paul Wisner.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
12:01 PM on 12/22/08
Nerodrumpsycho
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FIRST!

yesssssssss fuck yes this band rules
12:09 PM on 12/22/08
itwaslaser
New Music Sucks.
User Info.
Wisner is siiickkkkk
12:11 PM on 12/22/08
earlynovemberX
User Info.
havent been able to get into these guys yet. but hopefully this record will change my mind.
12:14 PM on 12/22/08
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
havent been able to get into these guys yet. but hopefully this record will change my mind.
i agree with you. But MAYBE Wisner will work his magic and they will get something great from it.
12:15 PM on 12/22/08
TakenByCars
@jaymeemyaj
User Info.
sweet. but i thought they're going to record a full length though.
12:22 PM on 12/22/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
awww me loves wisner
12:28 PM on 12/22/08
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I too haven't been able to get into this band :(

Why not record a full length? They have no tour dates for months....
12:29 PM on 12/22/08
singlexsorrow
In all this chaos we found safety..
User Info.
They are tight.
12:36 PM on 12/22/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
I too haven't been able to get into this band :(

Why not record a full length? They have no tour dates for months....
Reason most of the time for EP's with a new unproven artist is $$$. A guy like James is not cheap, so to run a full length is very expensive. Recording an EP is half of a major budget and if the EP doesnt move units, then the label can either do another EP or call it day and not move forward with a full length, or the artist. I dont know their deal. However if I were running a label. All my artists would be signed to 1 record firm with 2-3 options and their first release would be EP's of 6-8 songs for $3-5 to get them out there. If they didnt move units then I wouldnt excersize the option unless they really had serious promise and kids just werent getting their development yet.

If they did do well, then Id move on the option and do a 10-14 song full length at whatever the digital rate is.

I rambled, but yeah, thats basically why alot of labels do EPs first. To save money and right now, money is tight yo!
12:45 PM on 12/22/08
SellOuts
User Info.
Reason most of the time for EP's with a new unproven artist is $$$. A guy like James is not cheap, so to run a full length is very expensive. Recording an EP is half of a major budget and if the EP doesnt move units, then the label can either do another EP or call it day and not move forward with a full length, or the artist. I dont know their deal. However if I were running a label. All my artists would be signed to 1 record firm with 2-3 options and their first release would be EP's of 6-8 songs for $3-5 to get them out there. If they didnt move units then I wouldnt excersize the option unless they really had serious promise and kids just werent getting their development yet.

If they did do well, then Id move on the option and do a 10-14 song full length at whatever the digital rate is.

I rambled, but yeah, thats basically why alot of labels do EPs first. To save money and right now, money is tight yo!
Money is tight but it is also really easy to cut expenses on recording. The band can just do pre-pro with the producer and have some really good mix it. Then they can get someone who is good but does not have a big name to record all the tracks so it will be cheaper. Otherwise, if the band can't record with out someone doing every trick on the book -- you shouldnt sign them.
12:53 PM on 12/22/08
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
trash
01:01 PM on 12/22/08
Undue Noise
RETIRED
User Info.
Meh, wish it was a full length, but I'll take what I can get.
01:02 PM on 12/22/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
Money is tight but it is also really easy to cut expenses on recording. The band can just do pre-pro with the producer and have some really good mix it. Then they can get someone who is good but does not have a big name to record all the tracks so it will be cheaper. Otherwise, if the band can't record with out someone doing every trick on the book -- you shouldnt sign them.
with you on that, but i was mainly speaking for this particular case in the sense of James Wisner not being cheap. Not at all. So im sure thats why they are doing this route. Ill find out more today but I am pretty sure James is mixing. He told me he just a bunch of new gear and was really interested in finishing up the records start to finish minus mastering. He has sent alot of his stuff to be mixed by others TAI, NTL, UO etc... but he is so hands on that I know he wants to mix it too.

I agree with you on cheap production value and higher mixing quality. I know quite a bit of records out there that were done for nothing but used a really good mixing engineer to make it sound ALLLOOOT better then what it would have.
02:15 PM on 12/22/08
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

So why did you guys jump in and release Luna then

FBR have done this with TFNB and ARTTM recently... i s'pose thats their business plan ..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos