02:04 PM on 12/22/08
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
good luck man!!
02:06 PM on 12/22/08
CaptainJacksHat
User Info.
Worst news in ages. However, least it's for the right reasons. Houston Call's needs to be bigger, they deserve it.
02:09 PM on 12/22/08
NJreprezent
User Info.
=( damn i love Jarrett. he's a funny guy. neways best of luck to him and the rest of Houston Calls.
02:11 PM on 12/22/08
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Best of luck, i'm hoping Houston Calls stay together, i just have a horrible feeling they will split up :(
02:13 PM on 12/22/08
CaptainJacksHat
User Info.
I'd not be surprised if they broke up. Their latest CD sold dreadfully when you think how good it is compared to alot of music that's out there that sells bucketloads. It really is a crime, they are ten times better than most bands and yet don't get the recognition.
02:18 PM on 12/22/08
TheGoodnightMoon
cursed far more than I am praised
User Info.
Best of luck Jarrett. I hope this band can make it through and get another album done through a label that will actually back them, but I sense a breakup or hiatus before that happens. I wish I felt differently..
02:48 PM on 12/22/08
Ruggiero2oo8
don't worry, be happy
User Info.
bummer.
08:34 PM on 12/22/08
froston
User Info.
Face First reunion show??
10:48 PM on 12/22/08
Imperfektion
All I need are sounds of ecstasy.
User Info.
Best of luck to him.
12:09 AM on 12/23/08
tommyhaych
Mayor West
User Info.
Face First reunion show??
Hahaha, you deserve a medal for that comment!

Bring on Face First!!
01:34 AM on 12/23/08
sk8mule89
More cushin for the pushin.
User Info.
it's a shame
09:33 AM on 12/23/08
drive-thru
User Info.
I saw Houston Calls play at Club Cyclone in Shibuya several years ago. Thanks for an awesome show. Good times...
10:25 AM on 12/25/08
onewheeledrider
Justin Bettman
User Info.
too bad but understandable
04:07 AM on 12/26/08
birtcho
is...
User Info.
not much good comes there way
01:06 PM on 12/29/08
NationalProduct
User Info.
Ive known Jarrett for around 10 years and he is one of the hardest working, most driven, crack head (in a good sense) motivated band dude ever. I have also toured with those boys and they are all awesome dudes. One thing I have learned in life is that sooner or later... Everyone Comes Home...

That doesnt just mean a physical place of living and residing. It also can be a spiritual place where you just get over who you were, thought you wanted to be, thought you HAD to be whether obligation or drive kept you there, and you simply put your cards down with Aces high and you come home.

I really hate it when I read things from people ever getting down on a member leaving or a band ending for the right reasons. I know the emotional attachment its like to have on a band, but no one understands the emotional deaths, we endure being a band going town to town every night, missing our girlfriends, our best friends who arent band related, our dogs, cats, families, our local bars, our local deli's etc. Anything to make us feel at "home". We ended up finding home in YOU everynight, and we adapt to sleeping on your floor, cause its better than a hotel, we adapt to eating shitty food and living in a van and im def not complaining. These are some of the greatest things you get to do as a band, believe it or not, because they bring the most interesting moments into your life, however, you start to realize that every night, those kids get to go home and crawl in bed, kiss their girl, boy, dog, and hug their families and friends and your left driving 10 hours to the next "home" thats not really your home.

Jarrett, i love you bud and even more so, im soooooo proud of all you have done as a person, and as a band and this new growth step is going to be incredible for you. You always have my number. Do it up.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos