AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Consider the Thief - Soldiers and Saints Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 8.25
Lyrics 7.25
Production 8.75
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 8.25
Final Verdict: 79%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8
Musicianship 9
Lyrics 8
Production 9
Creativity 8
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Average: 84%
Inside AP.net

Consider the Thief - Soldiers and Saints

Reviewed by: Curtis&BemisRok (12/22/08)
Consider the Thief - Soldiers and Saints
Record Label: None
Release Date: April 14, 2008

Consider The Thief started off their career in a positive way with the album Soldiers and Saints EP. This mostly upbeat, yet with some pace change, hardcore album was a perfect way for the band to begin. The heavy drums, catchy guitar riffs, solid singing, and great screaming all mixed perfectly together to create a stellar musical album.

The song that must have special attention drawn to it is "Between Man and Machine." This song appeals to anyone, beginning with an enlightening guitar riff beautifully mixing together with an enjoyable drum beat. The song then slows down with creative sound effects, and then the screaming begins. The main screamer is accompanied by singing in the background and the two just work perfectly together. As the song progresses it just gets better and better, with a great buildup leading to the last two epic minutes of the song. The ending of this song is one that is hard to get out of your head, and it is very possible that you will be singing it over and over all day long.

The rest of Consider The Thief's Soldiers and Saints EP continues on to be just as enjoyable. They stay on the same amazing track that they set with the first two songs. Consider The Thief began this album with a bang, and finished off the same way without any let-downs in between. This is a stellar EP released by Consider The Thief and it is strongly recommended that if you are looking for hardcore music or just something to pump you up. If that's the case, then Soldiers and Saints EP is exactly what you are looking for.

Recommended if You LikeThursday; Atreyu; Chiodos

myspace.com/considerthethief

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:07 PM on 01/04/09
leftapart
User Info.
I haven't listened to this CD yet; I keep meaning to, but just haven't gotten around to it. Good review though, maybe I'll take a listen in the not too distant future. Also, thank you for NOT mentioning Dance Gavin Dance.
08:14 AM on 01/05/09
seanthethief
User Info.
Thanks a lot for the review Nick. Can't say I agree with your "Recommended if You Like" section, but that's cool

we have a new album coming out in March/April 2009 called "Signs & Wonders". You can see progress @ considerthethief.tumblr.com. It's a totally new direction for us, no screaming at all.

p.s. - and yes, thank you for not mentioning Dance Gavin Dance
11:18 AM on 01/05/09
uNeekS
Living in the past!
User Info.
Absolutely awesome EP and some great news about the full length! Can't wait for it guys! :D
05:33 PM on 01/05/09
Curtis&BemisRok
User Info.
you guys are welcome for not mentioning Dance Gavin Dance. And I had trouble thinking of a Recommended if You Like, but my friends and I all love those bands, especially Chiodos, and we all really liked this album.
05:33 PM on 01/05/09
moonlightcape
User Info.
Enjoyed the review, yes, the EP is pretty solid. See you guys on the 17th
09:36 PM on 01/05/09
williamhunter92
William Hunter
User Info.
i love this band, just discovered them about a week or two ago. cant wait to see them. hopefully i see them a lot i live so close to them. woo!!! =]
11:44 PM on 01/05/09
drewz5
Nothin better than a journey to you
User Info.
recommended if you like: thrice, as cities burn, circa survive, beautiful music, beautiful men
08:14 AM on 01/06/09
seanthethief
User Info.
i love this band, just discovered them about a week or two ago. cant wait to see them. hopefully i see them a lot i live so close to them. woo!!! =]

we're playing in Downtown Sacramento on Friday, also playing with Dance Gavin Dance on Jan 17th at the Boardwalk.

recommended if you like: thrice, as cities burn, circa survive, beautiful music, beautiful men

love you drew.

Enjoyed the review, yes, the EP is pretty solid. See you guys on the 17th

andre??
12:33 AM on 01/07/09
whothehellru171
User Info.

I thought you'd know me better then that Sean...JEBUS!!!! hahaha
09:14 PM on 01/08/09
williamhunter92
William Hunter
User Info.
we're playing in Downtown Sacramento on Friday, also playing with Dance Gavin Dance on Jan 17th at the Boardwalk.

love you drew.

andre??
Yeah I'm fersure going to the DGD show, this Friday I'm actually going to be in the studio! =D
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums