AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Me Vs Hero - Me Vs Hero EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 7.5
Production 7
Creativity 7.25
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 7.75
Final Verdict: 74%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Me Vs Hero - Me Vs Hero EP

Reviewed by: more heart (12/31/08)
Me Vs Hero - Me Vs Hero EP
Record Label: None
Release Date: January 14, 2008

Who?

An unsigned "popcore" band from across the pond in England. Me Vs Hero have been together since 2007 and have made a name for themselves in their home country. The band have toured with the likes Story of the Year, You Me At Six, Cute Is What We Aim For, and Bring Me the Horizon.

How is it?

The songs found on Me Vs Hero are fun and energetic, though easily forgettable. One of the better tracks from the EP is "What Seems To Be The Officer Problem," which features one of the catchiest choruses found on the entire EP. Most of the others, unfortunately, tend to just exist. All of the songs on the EP have their fair share of hardcore elements including breakdowns, screams, gang vocals, and double bass. As usual, this tends to be a bit tiresome after a few songs. While Me Vs Hero isn't impressive, it doesn't have to be. It's shows a young band who are just starting out and have a good idea down. Their songs just need to be a little bit more accessible to their listeners next time around.

Recommended if You LikeFour Year Strong; Hit the Lights; Fight Fair

www.myspace.com/mevshero
www.purevolume.com/mevshero

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
11:24 AM on 01/10/09
truthbetoldxx
http://www.milkshakes.bandcamp.c om
User Info.
This is a good album, granted it doesn't have much playback value. Still think "Upbeat(Down)" is the most blatant FYS rip off (song title) ever. Plus these guys try really hard to sound like FYS and they're not quite there. Still enjoyable
01:37 AM on 01/16/09
AWilhelmPetter
Bulletproof Tiger
User Info.
They are fun to give a listen every now and they, but easily get boring after too many tracks and want to sound too much like FYS and SYG that it just gets tacky at times. There is a difference between being influenced by and sounding like bands you listen to and love, and MvH fall too deep into the latter category.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests