AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jacks Mannequin News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Andrew Hangs On a Breeze, Searches For a Church Bell

Posted by - 04:18 PM on 01/06/09
Andrew McMahon has posted a new blog, which can be read below.
Blog PostAs I made my way down the hill this morning for my regular cup of tea, I couldn't help but be curious. You see, while the New Year began days ago, it is today, the 5th of January that I have chosen as my official start. The scheduled event was a blur of drink and smoke, a celebration of a year gone, not one just beginning. So I indulged it; let it drag on in a sort of hazy last stand, to find myself here on a Monday apropos, the just-barely-cold of Los Angeles stirring my penchant for all things new. Curiosity, I should think is a good thing, both in a new year and on a Monday morning. It is from this place where I wonder if everything I have been doing has already been done. How often does anyone really stand up and ask the hard questions? "Is this where I should be? Am I inspired? Do I do what I do because I need to, want to and love to, or because I don't know what else to do? And where would I begin even if I should?" These are the questions lining the tiny squares of my new calendar and already I'm five days behind. The promise of any year can hang on wind or clang like church bells depending entirely upon whose listening and how hard. And isn't that really the point? Are we listeni ng? Is it possible that all the right roads are paved with an earnest set of ears? Maybe so. I have been lucky in this life, that I have found myself inside moments of blistering peace. These times can be riddled with unanswered questions, but rarely are they questions of trajectory. It is inside these moments where purpose and action collide and that which is not easy at least seems meaningful. Today though, like hope I am hanging on a breeze searching for a church bell. This is not a fact I lament, but simply a fact. This is a place I know well, but one that changes with each new stay. On long nights here I go digging through the sands for the bones and tools of a culture I have lost. A culture that is never far in days but is light years gone when searched out with the fingertips. What a strange truth for a man who works with his hands. Still, if peace does not howl on this, the first day of my year, at least it whispers. It may be a distant sound but for it I will rest my tired fingers. Happy new year!

-Andrew

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
04:22 PM on 01/06/09
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hmmm
04:28 PM on 01/06/09
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
five days? what a procrastinator!
04:33 PM on 01/06/09
emerypearl
stay who you are.
User Info.
short read.
04:38 PM on 01/06/09
emilytrainwreck
User Info.
i enjoyed reading that. i love andrew and his creations.
04:40 PM on 01/06/09
KillyourIdols88
Standing on the Edge of Summer
User Info.
It works for me.
04:41 PM on 01/06/09
Shoorty0690
User Info.
So what's going on with his life story movie? I was really looking foward to that! Dear Jack I think it was.
04:42 PM on 01/06/09
jimjam32
www.myspace.com/withhonorsmusic
User Info.
THE MAINE PoSTED A BETTER BLOG!!!111!!!
04:43 PM on 01/06/09
ashiex3
Oh, but the world is a mess.
User Info.
So what's going on with his life story movie? I was really looking foward to that! Dear Jack I think it was.
oh, dear jack!
im still waiting to see that too.
04:43 PM on 01/06/09
robat19
User Info.

I think it's done, they're just trying to find a TV deal.
04:46 PM on 01/06/09
francescaa
User Info.
five days? what a procrastinator!

Haha! Truth. I love Andrew's blog though, one of the few band dudes whose thoughts I am interested in reading.
04:47 PM on 01/06/09
Eudora Brandon
User Info.
I choose this:

constant.
Current mood: i’m constantly in between.
Category: i’m constantly in between. Life

it's a constant struggle.
good days.
bad days.
they just happen.
it all just happens.

free will.
choose carefully.

"i am the only one controlling my functions, my habits, and hands."

strength in numbers.
unity.

regards,
johno"

No, not really.
04:49 PM on 01/06/09
Shoorty0690
User Info.
Yea, I hope it comes out soon!
I thought It was gonna go straight to DVD, but a TV movie is cool too. I still kinda want a hard copy of it though.
04:52 PM on 01/06/09
mcdizzle88
meh.
User Info.
damn all of you people that beat me to the punch...

i was coming in here to say

"yeah, andrew's cool and all... but john ohhh posted a waaayyyy deeper blog."
05:06 PM on 01/06/09
mirrors
v.
User Info.
i'm not a big fan of his music, but i love what he stands for. i like this blog.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos