JOHNNY GET THE GUN / www.myspace.com/johnnygetthegun
1. How did you get your band name?
Jack: We were all listening to a band called Scarlet at band practice once while trying to think of a name and we heard a lyric 'Johnny get your gun' we all thought, yea that's cool.
2. How did this band get started?
Jack: It all started when me and Wayne were about 14, we were picked up by Mcfly's management and told to write songs and send the songs in to them. We done this for a few years and then we started to get a band together, we found Jamie (Drummer) in about 2006 and were gigging around the local area until about 2009 until we found Joe (Bass). This is when we really started to be a band.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Wayne: we have so many different influences as a band, we normally come together on The Beatles. I influenced by White Lies, Gary Moore and just other ascpects of life which inspire me to write.
Jack: I love The Beatles, Paramore, The Kinks, You Me At Six Futures and more
Joe: I love a lot of the Pop Punk stuff but im influenced a lot by Muse
Jamie: Dream Theatre, Iron Maidad, The Beatles and Kids In Glass Houses
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Wayne: I Would love to tour with The Beatles, just because i wouldn't be playing music if it wasn't for them, and would be an amazing experience to tour with one of the greatest bands of all time.
Jack: i Think that's the same for all of us, either that or play an area tour just cause i would love to play Wembley.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Wayne: Something healthy because there's only so long you can eat fast food without feeling awful about it.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Jack: I know a lot of other bands say this but because we're different, due to Waynes voice, not a lof of singers in our genre have a voice like he has and i think that seperates us from a lot of bands.
Jamie: There's some bands with great songs but after a while all start to sound the same, and we try and avoid this.
Joe: So think people should listen to us because Wayne's voice is so good that it's always worth a listen.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Wayne: I have no idea, don't really know any athletes names.
Jack: i used to do Hight Jump so who ever does that.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Jack:Our Parents for putting up with us and helping us get our feet on the ground when we were young.
Wayne: If we won a grammy that would mean we have a record label, so i would thank who ever gave us the chance.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Jack: Get some Major Labels out of the hands of business men, as they are damaging the industry by not giving any new band a chance, if you're not an instant sucess then you're dropped which is not good.
Jamie: I agree with that, Elton John expressed his worry about this too, he said if he was around today he wouldn't have made it cause he wasn't an instant sucess, which is crazy to think. This is the same for U2, Bob Marley, The Beatles and the Human League some of the biggest acts were not big sucesses at the start, so what might we be missing out on??
Joe: I think if it stays this way i think the Indie lables like Domino records will take over as they seem to give artists a chance to prove themselves.
10. Memorable tour experience? Wayne: When we sold out 02 Academy Birmingham 3 earlier this year, it was the first time we sold out a show and it was amazing to walk out to all them people.
Jack: either that or when we went from Essex to Manchester in a day, we were up for 24 hours, Wayne drove the whole way we was nearly falling asleep at the wheel me and our merch guy adam took it in shifts to stay awale so we could keep him up.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? Jamie: It's great that you've given us the chance to have this interview, we've been a fan of the site, we like how you cover all the major rock acts but also cover the smaller bands like ourselves. So the fact that you've let us be part of it is great.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Jack: Good As It Gets, we always end on it and there's such a buzz about it when we play it.
Joe: yea i have to agree with that.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Wayne: Not too sure really, we're all going to Dubrovnik in Croatia next year so maybe there??
Jack: We're all going Centre Parcs next year too, and that's pretty awsome!!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Jack: Music of the 90's like shaggy! or The Beatles or Family Holidays!
Jamie: Yea The Beatles cause they were always playing when i was small.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Wayne: To Fly
Jack: Same with me or Time Traveler.
Joe: would love to have them.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Jamie: not really just get on stage, we're boring like that.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Joe: Jamies a women! just kidding.
Wayne: Jack's a geek when it comes to History
Jack: Im also a big Liverpool fan!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Wayne:Yes and i know i think Radio 1 do a great job for new bands, with the live lounge and things like that, but i think you have to A listed play list to really grab peoples attention, rather than the odd play here and there.
Jack: yea I'd agree with that you need a good amount of plays everywhere to get noticed.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Jamie: Me Jack and Our Merch guy Adam all play x-box.
Jack: i love watching football and going to musems, as i love history.
Wayne: I take care of my car!
Joe: Pub! and whatever everyone wants to do.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Wayne: I'm good with reparing stuff, i work in a hanger repairing air planes
Jack: football, i used to play for a small team.