AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Seladora - With The Voice Of An Archangel EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6
Musicianship 6.5
Lyrics 6.5
Production 6.25
Creativity 6
Lasting Value 7.25
Reviewer Tilt 6.25
Final Verdict: 64%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Seladora - With The Voice Of An Archangel EP

Reviewed by: Handraa (01/14/09)
Seladora - With The Voice Of An Archangel
Record Label: Unsigned[
Release Date: August 8, 2008

Who?

A five piece Christian metalcore band from Augusta, Georgia.

How Is It

Not bad, and even though I say this in a lot of reviews, it's nothing you haven't heard before. After starting off the EP with a creepy intro, complete with exorcism, this band follows the formula that I've talked about in almost every one of my reviews. The vocals on With The Voice Of An Archangel are decent. Cody Landrum does a good job of laying down the growled vocals, but the clean vocals are what drags this EP down. The bottom line is, they don't sound good. Maybe they should try and follow another metalcore trend and use a vocorder; it would probably turn out better for them. They also follows the popular metalcore trend with adding a keyboardist. He really doesn't do anything special that is worth noting. It seems that almost every keyboardist does the same thing. They play an intro at the beginning of a song, and somewhere in the song, they have a spot to show off and show us what they can do and that's what we get with Seladora's keyboardist Carlin Thompson. Despite the weak vocals, the drummer, keyboardist, and guitarists sync well together to make Seladora a decent sounding band. There really aren't any outstanding tracks on the EP as every song on it sounds the same. Again, they follow the same metalcore formula: sing, scream, breakdown, repeat. This album seemed to be all over the place; it just didn't mix well at all. So if you're a big fan of generic metalcore, check out Seladora. After writing another metalcore review, I still have the same question: who will save the metalcore genre?

Recommended If You LikeAttack Attack!; Jamies Elsewhere with more screaming; Yes, you knew I would say it, The Devil Wears Prada

Myspacemyspace.com/seladoraband

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
10:19 PM on 01/18/09
knowthisx
brujah brujah!
User Info.
I deleted these guys from Myspace because of how annoying they were with bulletins.
06:26 PM on 01/20/09
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
I deleted these guys from Myspace because of how annoying they were with bulletins.
COMMENT US! MESSAGE US! READ OUR BLOG! COMMENT US:)
Are you talking about this?
If so, I can relate.
06:51 PM on 02/24/09
Roton7
so i herd u liek roton7??
User Info.
Me too.
07:55 AM on 02/27/09
knowthisx
brujah brujah!
User Info.
I actually messaged them saying "Every single one of my friends has deleted because of how annoying you are."

So not only do they suck, but they're pushing away any potential fans.

FAIL
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums