TakenByCars
@jaymeemyaj
User Info.
i'm anticipating their 3rd full length
08:04 PM on 01/19/09
Stevecase
Red Light Green Light
User Info.
thats the worst comeback ive ever heard, epic fail.
this kid pretty much rules.
08:20 PM on 01/19/09
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
thats the worst comeback ive ever heard, epic fail.
no. it's true.
die. goodbye.
08:40 PM on 01/19/09
AMAAS
I'm sinking like a stone in the sea
User Info.
lol Chiodos isn't the worst band ever, I respect the band minus Craig Owen's voice....his voice is just a nasally whine, idk I can't stand it...people call me a hypocrite for liking Anthony Green but not liking Craig Owens, but I think they sound completely different
10:21 PM on 01/19/09
lenard27
Let's Go Pens! And Yanks!
User Info.
Think they'll be moving up to Sire for their American releases too?
11:09 PM on 01/19/09
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
huge huge deal. good for them.
12:04 AM on 01/20/09
You Won't Know
You're fuckin out and I'm fuckin in
User Info.
huge huge deal. good for them.
Yeah. This is the next step in the process for this band. Honestly, I really think they deserve it. They may do some sort of distribution deal with Sire for the next record, who knows? Sire always seems to have an eye on the punk scene with bands like Armor for Sleep and Against Me! I seriously doubt Equal Vision would let their best selling artist go at this point, however.

As for the person who doesn't like Craig's voice, I personally enjoy it, but I understand it bothers some people. And I agree with you, Anthony's voice is similar in terms of how high pitched it is, but he has a very different (read: unique) sound to me. I was actually listening to his first band (Audience of One) recently and while the music is pretty mediocre, I loved his vocals and I wish he would throw some of those aggressive screams into Circa once in awhile.
12:20 AM on 01/20/09
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
I seriously doubt Equal Vision would let their best selling artist go at this point, however.

Eventually they're going to have to. Just like they let Saves The Day go to Vagrant, or when Converge left for Epitaph, Coheed to Columbia. Those aren't bands that moved on to something necessarily bigger (except for C&C), but in their eyes, better. I love Equal Vision as much as the next guy, but their problem is that they sign such good bands that tend to grow with themselves as bands instead of growing with the label. Which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it but as long as EVR keeps signing quality bands, they should have nothing to worry about.
12:33 AM on 01/20/09
You Won't Know
User Info.
Eventually they're going to have to. Just like they let Saves The Day go to Vagrant, or when Converge left for Epitaph, Coheed to Columbia. Those aren't bands that moved on to something necessarily bigger (except for C&C), but in their eyes, better. I love Equal Vision as much as the next guy, but their problem is that they sign such good bands that tend to grow with themselves as bands instead of growing with the label. Which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it but as long as EVR keeps signing quality bands, they should have nothing to worry about.
Very good points man, definitely.

But the whole EVR 365 package deal is featuring the next Chiodos record as the prize buy. I imagine they will eventually go to another label after this record, however, if they sell well again.
12:39 AM on 01/20/09
You Won't Know
User Info.
Chiodos is one of the worst bands to grace this earth.
Based solely on your user ID, I would guess you don't have a wide enough musical palette to enjoy Chiodos. Even though you have Senses Fail and Underoath listed in your favorite bands, I still feel like that is the exception not the rule.

Chiodos has a chaotic, surprisingly original take on post hardcore that is refreshing to someone that loves heavy music like myself.

Regardless of whether you think Craigery is a complete ass or hate screamo or whatever, this band has some really cool song structures, interesting ideas, thoughtful lyrics often inspired by literary works and great hooks to back it all up.

There are literally thousands of bands within the scene that couldn't touch Chiodos at their worst. Including some of your fav bands. A band like the Audition just got mocked by the editor of Alt Press for struggling to play their own songs. I guarantee that would never happen with Chiodos.
12:45 AM on 01/20/09
Co and Ca
What are you doing here?
User Info.
haha @ the people trying to be deep while explaining why chiodos doesn't suck. here's me proving you wrong while keeping it simple: they do suck.
01:13 AM on 01/20/09
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Very good points man, definitely.

But the whole EVR 365 package deal is featuring the next Chiodos record as the prize buy. I imagine they will eventually go to another label after this record, however, if they sell well again.

thanks.

if they do indeed sell well again, which i assume if Rick Rubin is in fact producing their newest album. most things that guy touches turns to gold. not to mention Bone Palace's numbers and debut on the Billboard charts. i highly expect them to sign higher. they just seem like a band who want it all. look at all of their side projects.
01:38 AM on 01/20/09
fadedmemories
You'd be good for me
User Info.
So they're going to re-release the reissue?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums