Username
Password
Metro Station News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Metro Station
Inside AP.net

Metro Station Secret Show

Posted by: Steve Henderson (01/20/09)
Metro Station and Hey Monday will be playing a Myspace Secret Show tonight at 7 pm at Soma Sidestage in San Diego.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 73
03:20 PM on 01/20/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
MYSPACE MUSIC PRESENTS METRO STATION AND HEY MONDAY PLAYING A MYSPACE SECRET SHOW PRESENTED BY TURBOTAX

January 18, 2009 - MySpace Music is excited to announce an upcoming Secret Show presented by TurboTax® Federal Free Edition featuring Metro Station (www.myspace.com/metrostation) and Hey Monday as the opening band (www.myspace.com/heymonday). The intimate concert will take place on Tuesday, January 20 at 7 pm at Soma Sidestage in San Diego. Both bands are touring with Fall Out Boy and this show marks their only scheduled appearance in the San Diego area. The Secret Show performance will be held exclusively for MySpace users, who were notified today via MySpace.

Metro Station is a rapidly rising Hollywood-based electro-pop/rock quartet. The band’s first single from their eponymous debut, “Shake It,” was a top 5 pop radio hit and reached platinum status. The video for the single was viewed almost a million times on its MySpace page.

Opening the Secret Show will be the invigorating new pop/punk band Hey Monday, who recently released their debut album Hold On Tight and are signed to Pete Wentz’s (Fall Out Boy) Decaydance Records through Columbia Records. Led by 19-year old female vocalist Cassadde Pope, the band is quickly drawing a big following, and their debut video for the track “Homecoming” pulled in over 600,000 video plays during its premiere week on MySpace Music.
03:21 PM on 01/20/09
Jonathan Lally
Ain't nobody got time for that.
User Info.
obligatory Metro Station post.

However, finally getting into the Hey Monday album (still think the first single blows but everything else such as production sounds solid.)
03:21 PM on 01/20/09
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
This is just a warning for those that were planning to head by the Soma Sidestage in San Diego... Try to avoid the area as it will be engulfed in fail.
03:22 PM on 01/20/09
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
03:24 PM on 01/20/09
Chemical Love
-
User Info.
I bet tickets are selling like hot cakes to this show.
03:28 PM on 01/20/09
jallred11
User Info.
so its not such a secret..
03:31 PM on 01/20/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
Should've stayed a secret.
03:31 PM on 01/20/09
danielsontherun
Certified Badass MC
User Info.
woo! another lip-synched dance party for my little sister and her imaginary friends!
03:32 PM on 01/20/09
mick2late
User Info.
Yeah, let me jump right on that.
03:32 PM on 01/20/09
schaft0620
User Info.
if a tree falls in the woods....
03:33 PM on 01/20/09
timbedinosaur
Stay lucky
User Info.
At least they know who they're fans are. I'm hoping since it's last minute, mommy and daddy wont be able to let their little princess go see them. Just going out on a limb and saying I wouldn't be surprised if half the metro station fans turn into cock mongering whores when they get older. Well, that's if they already haven't...
03:35 PM on 01/20/09
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
This is just a warning for those that were planning to head by the Soma Sidestage in San Diego... Try to avoid the area as it will be engulfed in fail.
LMAO.
03:37 PM on 01/20/09
rickbarrera
User Info.
yeah! let's go see Hey Monday and trow bottles for Metro Station! (earplugs needed for the bottle trowing)
03:37 PM on 01/20/09
TakenByCars
@jaymeemyaj
User Info.
i love SOMA but this just ruined it. just MS.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums