Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37.
10:45 AM on 01/28/09
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
This is such an underrated band, last time I saw them headline here in Chicago, maybe 30 people were there =(
10:58 AM on 01/28/09
TheOtherAndrew
[UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREAMING]
User Info.
I'll definitely be checking this out. Good review, Chris.
11:36 AM on 01/28/09
Poochemist
Not that easy to confuse
User Info.
I am really looking forward to this EP. I'm surprised none of this band's other albums have been reviewed here.
11:51 AM on 01/28/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Man I've loved thses guys for years
12:18 PM on 01/28/09
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Man I've loved thses guys for years
Ditto! I remember hearing the demo version of "Jane" on the "In Honor" compilation back in 2004/2005; it was my favorite track on the compilation. So I looked into them a bit more and four months later I wound up booking them to play at my college alongside the Bouncing Souls and the Explosion.

They were good then, but they're unstoppable now.
12:22 PM on 01/28/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Ditto! I remember hearing the demo version of "Jane" on the "In Honor" compilation back in 2004/2005; it was my favorite track on the compilation. So I looked into them a bit more and four months later I wound up booking them to play at my college alongside the Bouncing Souls and the Explosion.

I remember watching the video for 100K back in 2005 on *sigh* SURS. I was instantly hooked which was kind of rare for me because back then it would take me awhile to get into a song.
12:34 PM on 01/28/09
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.
I disagree with Fallin', this review sucks.

(Jk, good stuff, I'll be checking this out.)
01:14 PM on 01/28/09
makeoutmags
every moment bleeds into one
User Info.
I love them. Can't wait to hear this. BTW for new Gaslight fans, The Loved Ones really gave those guys the boost by taking them out on tour... so definitely check out all their previous releases if you're into The '59 Sound.
01:17 PM on 01/28/09
makeoutmags
User Info.

Ditto... it also makes me happy that The Explosion live on in the current lineup of Loved Ones :)
01:20 PM on 01/28/09
makeoutmags
User Info.
franz nicolay is in this band too? he is a machine with world/inferno, and the hold steady.
He wasn't on Build & Burn, their last album. I'm unsure if he's a full-time member or just a studio pianist/organist. Dave Hause's sister usually plays piano with them, at least the shows I've been to...
01:30 PM on 01/28/09
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Ditto... it also makes me happy that The Explosion live on in the current lineup of Loved Ones :)
Likewise. I think those two really add to the sound when they play live. The back-up vocals add to it (particularly on the newer stuff--the back-ups on "The Enquirer" add alot to that song) and the dual guitar-work gives Dave more time to work the crowd.

...But I still miss the Explosion. I want "Bury Me Standing" to be released. Stat.
02:03 PM on 01/28/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
franz nicolay is in this band too? he is a machine with world/inferno, and the hold steady.
At least on this record he is. I only mentioned him since he's a big part of the first two songs, however I am unsure if he's a full-time member or going on tour with the band.
02:52 PM on 01/28/09
Mike Kraft
It'll get you drunk!
User Info.
These guys are so awesome, especially live.
03:07 PM on 01/28/09
whyte39
www.alexwhyte.com
User Info.
He wasn't on Build & Burn, their last album. I'm unsure if he's a full-time member or just a studio pianist/organist. Dave Hause's sister usually plays piano with them, at least the shows I've been to...

At least on this record he is. I only mentioned him since he's a big part of the first two songs, however I am unsure if he's a full-time member or going on tour with the band.

ahh, he is still a machine nonetheless.
06:02 PM on 01/28/09
mr chainsaw
lets all go to the magician's b-day
User Info.
they are better than the gaslight anthem for sure.
very true.

i need to get this EP
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT