AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

MTV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Lil' Wayne - The New Axl Rose?

Posted by - 07:16 AM on 01/28/09
Could Lil' Wayne be the new Axl Rose? This is what James Montgomery poses in this week's Bigger Than the Sound after hearing Wayne's new single, "Prom Queen." Can you blame him? Even the producers of the track thought it was a joke.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 75
07:20 AM on 01/28/09
Dm!tr! the !st
need new username.
User Info.
Power chords and autotune... It is okay in it own right, but I am not too into this... It does sound like a joke, that's a definate.
07:29 AM on 01/28/09
flipandbaker08
Chuuuuch
User Info.
07:33 AM on 01/28/09
Griff
It's getting fucking dark.
User Info.
Ugh
07:41 AM on 01/28/09
bluecrunchy
To shreds, you say.
User Info.
Wow, that video is embarrassing.
07:43 AM on 01/28/09
Murder*O*Murder
User Info.
I'm diggin' the new song, think it's a cool direction Weezy's taking. He's going out on a limb but, hey, so did Kanye and his album's pretty good. Rebirth's on my most anticipated list, for sure.
07:54 AM on 01/28/09
carcrashofahart
climb is all we know
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
there are no words.
07:55 AM on 01/28/09
Jesse!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think he's one of the worst rappers ever, and I'm sure this will be a disaster. I have no idea how he got so popular. Listen to any Wayne album next to "Ready to Die" and this dude is just seems like a really bad joke.

Someone said it on that page... the labels should really be pumping their dollars into credible rock bands, but they'll probably promote this and it will sell hundreds of thousands of records despite there being so many better things to listen to.
07:56 AM on 01/28/09
RCCOLA
the shadow proves the sunshine
User Info.
He's not going out on a limb, he's making a fool of himself. The lyrics are horrible, the music is horrible and his voice is just terrible. When he raps, it's a different story because having a shitty voice in rap is fine because you're just speaking over a beat. But when you add melody and all that, it becomes harder...I'm really not trying to bash him, I'm just speaking my mind...I think when you have one of the so called "best albums" of the year, you know, you should try and top it lyrically, musically, stylistically, but he's not doing that and that's disappointing. I don't think anyone has made a really successful crossover from rap to rock and I don't see Lil Wayne being the first.
07:58 AM on 01/28/09
dave900
User Info.
wow, that song and video is ASS
08:00 AM on 01/28/09
dpatrickguy
User Info.
haha nickelback sucks
08:01 AM on 01/28/09
Mike78098C
I read AP.net in my boxers
User Info.
Nobady hav a swagh lyke myne
08:01 AM on 01/28/09
ZoSo1886
www.twitter.com/jamesbenedictnj
User Info.
props to him for TRYING to do something different, and if this album sells, it doesn't matter if it sucks or not
08:03 AM on 01/28/09
Murder*O*Murder
User Info.
I don't understand the guys in this thread that are saying that he's a bad rapper for trying a different genre of music.
08:05 AM on 01/28/09
EndSerenading
we were born for battle
User Info.
this "rock" stuff he is trying to do is TERRRRRIBLE. Im not huge into modern hip-hop so I cant judge him as a hip hop artist though.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos