AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57
12:25 PM on 01/30/09
Oeightyfour
User Info.
This review is exactly why record reviews are a terrible idea. Music is a personal opinion and it really should be kept that way.
12:37 PM on 01/30/09
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
This review is exactly why record reviews are a terrible idea. Music is a personal opinion and it really should be kept that way.
... thus why this site has such a failure of a review section. You nailed it!
01:08 PM on 01/30/09
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
I'm so glad mht rec'd this band several months ago...so awesome. I really love the rawness of the vocals. I too thought the review would've had a higher score, but to each their own. At the very least, props for reviewing it and giving the band more exposure.

You are going to hell, and there's no one to save you on the way down!
02:06 PM on 01/30/09
Benny K
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first impression on the review was that it is scatterbrain and riddled with misconceived perceptions. I liked it. I also liked YBR and their 'singing' tho they are riding the emo tangent a bit hard.
02:09 PM on 01/30/09
jtyexists9
We shouldnt have abandoned dreaming
User Info.
Damn, poor Julia is getting attacked.
02:26 PM on 01/30/09
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Damn, poor Julia is getting attacked.

I actually thought people were being pretty respectful in this thread lol
04:25 PM on 01/30/09
yourepicending
amanda
User Info.
You are going to hell, and there's no one to save you on the way down!
:) love that song.
love this band.
did not love this review but as many said - it's all a matter of personal opinion and you definitely need to catch them live and then reconsider writing a new review. but as long as they're getting exposure, i'm happy.
05:07 PM on 01/30/09
danawalker
User Info.
this was the best record I heard in 2008..and is also in constant rotation a year later, still. and probably the most humble and approachable band I have ever..and maybe will ever..encounter. Not a lame track on this record..not a band that sounds like this. You can say they have the "generic emo rock" sound..which I'm not buying..but I will still take it any day over the watered down pop punk with autotune and "crunk" metal that floods myspace.

I can't believe this record got such a bad review..sheesh
10:01 PM on 01/30/09
Opsonyn
User Info.
I love this record. I'm afraid the score might deter some people from checking it out.

Nicest dudes in a band ever, too.
10:15 PM on 01/30/09
DarkOne
Registered Loser
User Info.
This band is meant to be seen live...the album does not come close to capturing the raw energy of their live show...YBF, in my opinion, is the best live indie act on the road today. I want to feel their sweat, I want sing along...I feel apart of the family. See them live, then listen to the CD...it will be different.
11:38 PM on 01/30/09
natedorough
FusionShows.com - Concerts in MI!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Everyone who digs this record, tune into the band's MySpace (www.myspace.com/yourbestfriend) on Feb. 1 for a big tour announcement!
07:13 AM on 01/31/09
Tribute2Ben89
User Info.
For RIYL, I would have put Trainwreck-era Boys Night Out, Moneen, and AITA-era Thrice. Still tough to peg.
09:33 AM on 01/31/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
But six figures?! I think that's just your way of working in with Anton.......

Hahah. Well this is all your decision, my friend. I'm just trying to pay off my student loans.
09:35 AM on 01/31/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Also, the review is very well-written. Nice job, Julia.

The only thing was I don't agree with the RIYL at all. The Used? Thrice? VENDETTA RED? Really? Idk about that.

I'm trying to think of my own RIYL, but I'm having issues being very accurate. But I really don't think they sound anything like the aforementioned bands, especially Vendetta Red. I can see elements of the other two, but when I think Vendetta Red, I think "I'll make love to your face with a boxcutter"...so... hahaha

Yeah, that RIYL was kinda random, ill admit. But Vendetta Red was great.
09:38 AM on 01/31/09
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
This band is meant to be seen live...the album does not come close to capturing the raw energy of their live show...YBF, in my opinion, is the best live indie act on the road today. I want to feel their sweat, I want sing along...I feel apart of the family. See them live, then listen to the CD...it will be different.

That's the most convincing argument I've read in this thread. Ill definitely hit up their show if they come through my area.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos