Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 57 of 57
10:23 AM on 01/31/09
devilandgod
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i've been hooked on this band since i first heard them, so i disagree a little with the review. i'm just looking for a little clarity on the geoff rickly reference. am i completely missing something or was that unrelated to anything? i was also a little thrown off by the "you're so last summer" reference. again, am i missing something or was that just kind of thrown in there?

and just to reiterate what most everyone else has said, go see this band live. you will not regret it. and make sure you talk to the guys after, they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
11:19 AM on 01/31/09
unicornurine
User Info.
Honestly, this is one of the best god damn albums that I own.
02:38 PM on 01/31/09
SaveTheDayToday
User Info.
I love this thread...

Julia, honestly, i appreciate you so much for doing this review....

the more people talk about this band the better...

John, Dale, Steve and Nick work too damn hard to be local....they put their heart and soul into every performance they have....and hell it's good music....real good music...it's been in my cd player since it came out...
07:54 PM on 01/31/09
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
Good review. I don't understand some of the comments here though. If we all agree that music taste is an opinion, than stating it in a review isn't different than stating it in a post.

In any case, it all got me to listen to the band. They sound like they would be great live, but i don't know if i enjoy it as much how it is recorded. Behold, another opinion. Try not to slaughter me.
07:56 PM on 01/31/09
Ryzenfall
makin' good time
User Info.
These guys are so great.

My band played with them 2 weeks ago, and they were the most humble, nice guys ever.
Not to mention their live show was phenomenal. When all 4 of them started singing at the same time, I basically jizzed in my pants. It was ridiculously awesome.
They put on a great show, and if nothing else, you can at least point & laugh at my band & I.

Do they come out to the West Coast? I'd want to see them (and your band) actually.
11:14 AM on 02/01/09
mybreakingpoint
User Info.
Do they come out to the West Coast? I'd want to see them (and your band) actually.
I'm not really sure. I can ask them about their summer plans; we're looking for a band or two to tour with, and they'd be a great one, so we'll definitely have to ask them heh
10:53 PM on 02/02/09
kickstandnabeel
Nabeel Shaikh
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
their album layout is amazing.
10:51 PM on 02/04/09
benny d
Dude, you did not!
User Info.
disdain this review.
10:34 AM on 02/16/09
roberthuston
User Info.
I like this album. good for what it is. I'd give it a 75%
Hahaha, I agree about your statement towards the first 2 paragraphs. Hahaha, I actually like this review. It reminded of the reason why i never read reviews. I only read this one since I did some work for them, but. hahaha. Why would people read other people's opinions about music. Music is personal. Its good to some, bad to others.

I just wanted to say, it is a great insult to compare this CD to "Tell All Your Friends", Thursday, and The Used. Seriously, this band is definitely not even in the same field.

This band is great, but I believe those bad relations to compare the band to. And I do agree with other statements here such as the one by: Ferrison. This review is disrespectful and out-right rude. This writer hopefully is stopped to spamming the forums with ignorance.
02:56 PM on 03/12/09
lew_1987
The desperation's gone.
User Info.
I just discovered this band, and I'll be following them now. Some of their stuff on Myspace really caught my attention.
10:55 PM on 04/28/09
joelibyan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm not really sure. I can ask them about their summer plans; we're looking for a band or two to tour with, and they'd be a great one, so we'll definitely have to ask them heh
i just got back from seeing these guys tonight, and having never before heard of them, i was blown away. i actually bought the cd on the spot, and i hardly ever do that.
i would say:
RIYL: Mock Orange, aggressive Piebald, early TBS, a dash of Minus the Bear....
06:05 PM on 01/13/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
I've read this review through probably 10 times since joining this site...and every time I still become shocked that there is no mention of how incredible the drumming is.

It really is sad. I reviewed this album as one of my first album reviews, so it's a really mediocre review, but I feel the score is much more accurate.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos