Username
Password
Atticus News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Atticus
Inside AP.net

AP.net And Atticus IV Compilation Contest

Posted by: Paul Tao (01/30/09)
It is with great excitement that AP.net and Atticus Clothing USA announce the upcoming release of Atticus IV, a compilation comprised of artists Atticus loves and in which they believe. Over the next four weeks, AP.net will be releasing a set of bands every Friday at 5 pm PST that will be on the compilation. The names will be scrambled and the first AP.net user to unscramble all names correctly that week will win a prize package. Each week's package will include custom Atticus guitars, clothing packages, advance copies of the CD and other special prizes. If there is no winner that week for some reason, the prizes will carry over to the next week. The artwork and full song tracklisting will be released exclusively on AP.net after all of the bands have been announced as well.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 36
03:08 PM on 01/30/09
Paul Tao
User Info.
StatementTaking a step-up, Atticus IV will be a 2 disc package that not only embraces where Atticus has been musically, but expands into new territory. Punk, pop, hardcore, dance, metal, and hip-hop - nothing is off limits. Atticus has been extending involvement beyond any single specific genre of music, and really embracing the ideal that as a brand based in music, we are as responsible as any label or management company to help the bands that we believe in succeed. With that said, we are proud to be working with such amazing artists who exemplify what being an Atticus band is all about; unrivaled work ethic, personality, and a real passion for the music they are creating and the people they are creating it for.

Atticus Clothing is also excited to announce that we are now available on Loserkids.com once again, so stop on by and check out some of the new designs you can win!
03:11 PM on 01/30/09
Kgod
I disagree!
User Info.
Cool competition none the less, hopefully I get lucky. =)
03:11 PM on 01/30/09
I Shot Chicago
NPH FTW
User Info.
sounds exciting
03:14 PM on 01/30/09
Paul Tao
User Info.
Not to be that guy....
But still waiting for the last prize package I won from Atticus... 3 months ago.

Cool competition none the less, hopefully I get lucky. =)
Was it through an AP.net contest? If so, email me and we'll see what we can do...
03:15 PM on 01/30/09
domotime2
Like You Know Whatever
User Info.
i loved these compliations....but that was back when "this kind of music" was good. But good nostalgia in this news.
03:21 PM on 01/30/09
llmp
Incorrigality
User Info.
i loved these compliations....but that was back when "this kind of music" was good. But good nostalgia in this news.
I agree, the Atticus comps were the shit back in the day, but I doubt I'll be interested in this. Of course, I'll wait and see on that.

Will try the contest if I'm around, though.
03:25 PM on 01/30/09
acfrue
Soft sound
User Info.
fucking awesome contest is fucking awesome.
03:29 PM on 01/30/09
myhearturhands
The spaceman that can't get high.
User Info.
hmm so that would be like 9pm eastern? i never got time zones
03:34 PM on 01/30/09
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
I have an idea. But I may have already said too much.

I wonder if all of the letters of all of the band names are going to be scrambled together or if each band name will be scrambled seperately and you have to figure out each one.

Please be option number 2
03:37 PM on 01/30/09
cory-182
User Info.
Very cool contest guys. Can't wait for this compilation.
03:38 PM on 01/30/09
cory-182
User Info.
I discovered so many of my favorite bands from the first Atticus compilation, which in my mind is the best compilation ever seeing how many bands I got into after hearing them on it.
03:44 PM on 01/30/09
NorthB
User Info.
I discovered so many of my favorite bands from the first Atticus compilation, which in my mind is the best compilation ever seeing how many bands I got into after hearing them on it.
That is exactly our goal, to help some of our favorite bands find a home in your music collection. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the variety of music. We have huge bands everyone knows, and small unsigned bands that everyone needs to know. Get stoked!
03:45 PM on 01/30/09
cory-182
User Info.
Has anyone been following the Loser Kids/Atticus news lately?

I think last I heard Mark sold his 1/2 of Loser Kids shortly after blink broke up, but that's about all I've heard.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, both Mark and Tom sold their shares of Atticus.
03:51 PM on 01/30/09
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
I also wonder if that means the first set of bands will be in an hour and ten minutes or if the first set of bands will be in 7 days, one hour, and ten minutes...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests