Username
Password

11:36 AM on 07/26/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
After hearing about this for months and not really caring, that trailer just shot it up to my most anticipated of the year (now that Dark Knight Rises is out anyway). Looks amazing.
02:32 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
I've watched the trailer 5 or 6 times now, and that's with me trying to restrain myself. Most perfect trailer I've ever seen.
08:30 PM on 08/10/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
I thought the trailer was pretty bad, but I haven't read the book. The presence of the Wachowski brothers has to be concerning.

Um, yeah... about that...

Edit: About the concern though, I didn't hate the last 2 Matrix movies as much as everyone else although I haven't watched them in a while. I like everything I've seen involving them, although I didn't see Speed Racer haha
08:17 PM on 09/08/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
I don't like the new trailer nearly as much as the 6 minute one, mainly because the M83 song isn't at the end.
05:55 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Honestly, the polarizing reaction only makes me want to see it more badly. Something that people hate this much has to be good.
08:47 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Sounds like someone is going to give The Last Airbender a run for its money in the critical drubbing department.

Yup, I'll like it because hating it is way too mainstream
10:19 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
By that logic, you must love such panned films as From Justin to Kelly, Jaws: The Revenge, and Gigli.

Of course. And if I knew what Gigli was I'm sure I'd have loved it too
11:48 AM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
I really did not like how they reused actors for multiple roles. Don't think anyone they chose was diverse enough to pull it off.

If Hugo Weaving isn't diverse enough then I don't know who is
11:55 AM on 09/30/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
I'm not saying none of those involved are diverse actors, they just couldn't pull off all the characters they were thrown into here. Hugo Weaving was definitely the highlight of the film, by a large margin.

Fair enough. That's the first time I've heard that criticism though, so I'll keep holding out hope :)
11:10 PM on 10/23/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
I think that's the first person who I've seen who just has an "eh" opinion of the movie. Seems like people either love it or hate it.
02:03 PM on 10/27/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Ebert gave it 4 stars: http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...IEWS/121029991

I have no idea when I'm going to get to see this movie, but it better be soon. I'm so excited.
12:30 AM on 11/11/12 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Finally saw this today and I can't really say I have an opinion on it as far as "liking" it goes. I was certainly moved by it, I'm just not sure in what way. It's difficult to describe.

It was certainly awesome to see how stories and characters connected as the movie unfolded. The biggest question I have, and feel free to explain this to me, is what connection did the Cavendish storyline have to the stories that come after it chronologically?

Also it was pretty hard to understand what they were saying in the story after "The Fall", hopefully it will become clearer on a 2nd view.

Overall, a fantastic, beautiful movie that left me with a lot of thoughts.
12:35 PM on 05/17/13 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
Hopefully going to pick this up on DVD or Blu-ray soon. Hope it sells well: I really want studios to see that art can sell. It honestly crushed me to see an ambitious film like this flop so horribly in theaters, at least in the U.S.
11:24 PM on 05/17/13 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
at the very least the dvd should have a cut that follows the novel.
... why? One of the things that's so great about it is how it cuts between all the different stories in the span of a short amount of time so well.
01:37 AM on 05/18/13 
User Info.
OurLadyCoolbean
False. Black bears.
Seattle, WA
Male - 20 Years Old
i can't really think of a better reason other than "just because."

did you read the book? it's structured much more simply. it would be interesting to see the film structured the same way. definitely not to replace the messiness of the film, which has its own strengths and weaknesses, but to have the option to see how it would work.

i would almost want to recut it myself, but i wouldn't know what to do when someone talks over another story's scenes.

book structure: 1-2-3-4-5-6-5-4-3-2-1
film structure: 1-2-3-4-5-6-2-5-3-4-1-5-2-6-2-5-3-4-1-5-something like that
I guess what I'm saying is that it probably wouldn't make much sense because of the way it was written, with the pieces cutting between each other. I understand that's what the book is like, but a film is a different beast.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos