Username
Password
This Thread is Closed.

03:07 AM on 02/01/09 
User Info.
MattL27398
No Avatar Selected
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm not much of a poster on these forums but there has been something that has been bothering for a little bit and I was hoping to get other people's input. The subject is Chris Conley's voice. Do you like it or not?

At first I was a huge fan of Saves the Day, Through Being Cool and Stay What You Are are great listens plus the vocals are pretty decent. There was a slight change in vocals between the two albums, but only slight. When In Reverie hit, I didn't know what to think. The vocals were abysmal. I don't know how to describe it, but it is very different. You could almost get a hint of it in Stay What You Are in At Your Funeral, but it's like he's singing lullabies. Bad Lullabies in a nasally voice. I couldn't stand it. Why was it so different? Did he forget how to sing?

When Sound the Alarm came out, he tried to change his vocals again. This time, you could almost hear him trying to sound the way he sounded. Like, he was stretching his voice to sound that way. Angsty, whiney, and still bad. I feel like it hasn't really changed much from that. Under the Boards and Two Tongues he still sounds like he's making his voice come across a certain way. I wish he would just go back to his old voice.

I guess the real question is, do you like his voice now or before, or both, or neither? Why do you prefer that vocal style? Any idea why he changed his singing style so drastically?
03:08 AM on 02/01/09 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
his voice is horrible and its even worse that every single singer "in the scene" is trying to sound like him, thats one of the major things thats wrong with "pop-punk" today
03:17 AM on 02/01/09 
User Info.
chipdip18
I was afraid I'd eat your brains.
Ridiculous. I never thought i'd see the day where Chris Conley's voice got its own thread. I should have my own thread.

edit: I don't like his voice.
03:29 AM on 02/01/09 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
hahahaha, well said man. so true. if his voice gets a thread northbrook gets a thread, i dont care how bad we are.
03:33 AM on 02/01/09 
User Info.
Chris Fallon
Boom.
Auburn, WA
Male - 30 Years Old
Really don't think this thread is necessary. Two Tongues or Saves The Day threads will do.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos