Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 37 of 37
10:38 AM on 02/04/09
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
uhh...they didn't disappear?
they wrote and recorded their new album, and are now out touring again...just like every band. i don't see how they "disappeared"

and to the guy talking about fear factor...that joke is so old...seriously just shut up, it's not clever or funny, and just makes you look ignorant
Sorry, that joke never gets old to me. If it weren't one of your most favorite bands, I am sure you would have not jumped so quickly. Its time to put down you guns and listen to better music.
11:02 AM on 02/04/09
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
Sorry, that joke never gets old to me. If it weren't one of your most favorite bands, I am sure you would have not jumped so quickly. Its time to put down you guns and listen to better music.

pretty sure they spent all of that money on their first demo so that is long gone. Good thing they make a solid product and have done fairly well for themselves over the past couple of years. Even if all of their money ran out they would still try to tour. These guys are some of the nices and hardest working guys I know!

he says it better than i could at the moment, so there you go.
and also, it's not just because they are my favorite band that i am quick to defend them. they are also some of the most genuine, nicest, hardworking guys i have ever met. so when someone takes a cheap shot like that, then yeah, i'm going to defend them
and music is subjective anyway, i can like whatever the hell i want to, and i do listen to a wide variety of bands. but what do think would be "better" music?
11:27 AM on 02/04/09
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
pretty sure they spent all of that money on their first demo so that is long gone. Good thing they make a solid product and have done fairly well for themselves over the past couple of years. Even if all of their money ran out they would still try to tour. These guys are some of the nices and hardest working guys I know!
Solid is subjective, I would say safe and digestable. Not risky, just enough edge to spark your interest.
11:32 AM on 02/04/09
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he says it better than i could at the moment, so there you go.
and also, it's not just because they are my favorite band that i am quick to defend them. they are also some of the most genuine, nicest, hardworking guys i have ever met. so when someone takes a cheap shot like that, then yeah, i'm going to defend them
and music is subjective anyway, i can like whatever the hell i want to, and i do listen to a wide variety of bands. but what do think would be "better" music?
If you defended everyone that was hard working, you would be on here all day. Your tastes were offended, so you went on the attack.

When you list more than a handful of bands of your favorites that don't seem contrived, I will give you a pass. When you have favorites outside of Mayday Parade and Scary Kids Scaring Kids, you will have earned it. At the very least try Copeland and Lydia two safe bets for solid pop music with roots outside of a faux goth movement.
12:05 PM on 02/04/09
chcougar1
User Info.
Solid is subjective, I would say safe and digestable. Not risky, just enough edge to spark your interest.
You make some good points, but like Adalia said there is some type of music for everyone. I liked Madina Lake before I met them because they make catchy music that means something to me. I liked them even more after they took the time to talk with me for hours and hang out with me at the various shows of theirs that I went to, and even though it has been over a year and a half since I have seen them, Nathan (the lead singer) will STILL text me back if I write him out of the blue. They don't think they are too good for anybody so that is one of the reasons I think they make a good band. Sure their music isn't for everyone, but I (like wheresadalia) will be quick to defend these guys because they don't deserve half the shit they get (nor do most bands).

Also, while I think Copeland and Lydia are two pretty good bands, they may not have any type of "edge" that you were mentioning before, thus some may not find their music appealing.

As for my favorite bands? The Spill Canvas, Fall Out Boy, Dashboard Confessional, and Brand New. Yeah pretty mainstream I know, but to me they make the best music that appeals to me. However, none of them have been as nice and sincere to me as Madina Lake have. Nick from the Spill Canvas has taken time to talk to me at shows, but there is no way he would remember me if I tried to talk to him at a show again....Madina Lake (all of them) would recognize me and talk to me at any show.
02:52 PM on 02/04/09
wheresadalia
breathe slowly, speak softly
User Info.
If you defended everyone that was hard working, you would be on here all day. Your tastes were offended, so you went on the attack.

When you list more than a handful of bands of your favorites that don't seem contrived, I will give you a pass. When you have favorites outside of Mayday Parade and Scary Kids Scaring Kids, you will have earned it. At the very least try Copeland and Lydia two safe bets for solid pop music with roots outside of a faux goth movement.
nice move, attacking my favorites that i have listed here. that list doesn't even begin to show my entire musical taste, i didn't feel like sitting there and typing out everything. and i've listened to copeland and lydia, they're good, but unless i'm in just the right mood, they bore me honestly.
i'm just gonna end with this before you start attacking my taste some more. i could care less if you think my music taste sucks. i don't care if you don't like a band's music, i just get offended when people attack the band themselves (not their music) when they know nothing about them.
and honestly, madina lake is one of the few bands that i will defend like this, normally i just roll my eyes and move on. those guys are my friends, and i defend my friends.
04:11 PM on 02/04/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The new full length is coming out in 2007? Are we going to have to time travel to get it?

Yeah, its some sort of viral marketing scheme :/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version