Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 25 posts
12:26 PM on 02/05/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Cue all the unecessary Rise Records hate...

To be honest, the only "shitty" bands on Rise are Breathe Carolina(I like them but I won't argue that they're any good) and Watchout! There's Ghosts. So other than those two bands I have no idea why the fuck you people talk shit on this label like every band signed to Rise sucks. Look at the The Years Gone By, In:Aviate, Oceana, Burden of A Day, and so on.

As for this band, I like what I hear so far, nice to hear Austin again. Anyone know why he left AA!?
06:41 PM on 02/05/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
when anyone asks "at what point was the scene truly dead?" i will point to when Rise Records started getting big.
Rise has and will never have anything to do with the "death" of this scene. If you want to blame any labels, blame FBR or even Fearless.
07:16 PM on 02/05/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
As much as I hate you and as much as I know you hate me, I agree with you 100 percent. I like most bands on Rise, as you already know, and hate when people say shit about them just because of a few bad bands. I'm pretty sure Austin got kicked out of AA! for doing some "unchristian" things.
Well I myself love almost every band on Rise so I get agrivated when people talk shit but don't even know half of the other bands on the label.

You better be careful, if you start to agree with me more often we may have to take that title away from you.
12:37 PM on 02/06/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
I don't believe this is true.

I remember The Cab saying they used to play shows with them all the time before any of them were signed and that's how The Cab got onto Decaydance because of PATD! passing on a demo to them.
No it's true, Panic At the Disco got signed without ever playing a show so to call this absurd is absurd itself.
12:49 PM on 02/06/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
did Austin write Attack Attack!'s lyrics? If so, what a severe hypocrite he is.
What would make him a hypocrite?
06:09 PM on 03/03/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Your a fucking idiot. How has FBR hurt the scene at all?
Cute Is What We Aim For. Enough said.
07:07 PM on 03/03/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
THIS. Also, Cobra Starship. (I am sickened at the music Gabe has been making"
Cobra isn't too bad, they have some decent songs. With that said, what the fuck happened to him?
02:10 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Really? So I guess Forgive Durden, This Providence, The Hush Sound, Less Than Jake, Jimmy Eat World, Lifetime, Punchline, Recover, Home Grown, Days Away, Yellowcard and Discount all hurt the scene, right? But yeah I mean Drop Dead Gorgeous and The Devil Wears Prada have done nothing but attempt to revive the scene back to it's former glory.
First, half of the bands you mentioned have only small ties to FBR. Less Than Jake never released so much as an EP on FBR(Vinnie acually used to co-own the label). FBR only re-released a Yellowcard record from what I can remember too. In addition, it's not like FBR(actually Decaydence) found Lifetime, they were already and established band prior to reuniting and signing to Decaydence(also, JEW and Discount both released record(s) on FBR?).

Second, I can't fucking stand Drop Dead, Gorgeous. Just shitty, cliche ridden metalcore. As far as TDWP goes, they're actually a really talented band if you'd bother to give them an open-minded listen. Most of the other bands on Rise are the same way

By the way, ever heard of Fear Before?
04:07 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
I'm sorry, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
This.
04:08 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Plagues is epic. That's why.
04:12 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Plagues is extremely generic metalcore. Not so epic.
Meh, I'd say Dear Love fits that descripion a bit better
04:15 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
Just because you don't like a band, or their music doesn't appeal to you, does not mean that they are a bad band by any means. Just because you don't like, that doesn't mean that everybody else has to hate it, too. It may be your opinion, but it is not by any means a fact. I, for one, enjoy both TDWP albums, and I also listen to most bands on Rise. I extremely enjoy TDWP and Rise Records, and while you may not, that certainly doesn't give you the right to talk shit.

Oh, and another thing, TDWP and Drop Dead, Gorgeous are both no longer on Rise. I doubt you have heard the more talented bands on Rise's roster. (I.e. Oceana, In:Aviate, Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, The Years Gone By, and Of Machines)
For the motherfucking win. You're officially my new best friend. Dead serz bro!
04:20 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
If epic means generic, then yeah, your right.
Oh, when I meant epic, I meant epic.
04:21 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
I have heard all of those bands, and there is not a single special thing about any of them.

With the exception of Oceana.
What the fuck do you listen to that would give you any reason to hold any truthful opinion of Rise and its bands?
04:41 PM on 03/04/09
more heart
Regular-Sized Rudy
User Info.
I like Saves the Day. I like Confide. I like Anberlin. I like Chasing Victory. I like Algernon Cadwallader. I like Coalesce. I listen to a lot of post-hardcore, metalcore and deathcore in general, so I know when I hear a shitty metalcore band, like TDWP.
What makes Chasing Victory and Confide any better?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos