Username
Password
Signing News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 164.
01:07 PM on 02/05/09
GazzaAoA
Get Fucked!
User Info.
For all who might not be aware of this... When you sign a record deal a lot goes into the contract. Most times in a contract there are stipulations where due to contact Rise gets first dibs on the previous artists new band. I, for one, am quite happy. Austin is a VERY talented person and a great friend of mine. I can't wait to see where this goes for him!

Same here. I'm really excited to hear what Austin has in store.

Cue all the unecessary Rise Records hate...

To be honest, the only "shitty" bands on Rise are Breathe Carolina(I like them but I won't argue that they're any good) and Watchout! There's Ghosts. So other than those two bands I have no idea why the fuck you people talk shit on this label like every band signed to Rise sucks. Look at the The Years Gone By, In:Aviate, Oceana, Burden of A Day, and so on.

As for this band, I like what I hear so far, nice to hear Austin again. Anyone know why he left AA!?

I disagree with BC being one of the shitty bands. I was actually stuck on their record for like a week. it's a good dance record if you take it for that, instead of some great piece of art.
I wholeheartedly agree with Watchout!
In:Aviate is a great example to support your claim though. They are, by far, one of the most underrated bands out there today.

I always liked Austin's sound and charisma. I don't think the demo is too shabby. I'd like to hear after they've been in a studio and the shit has been actually produced.

Youre a DOUSCHEBAG. Austin was and still is always drunk, was a dick to his bandmates, he got at tattoo that said "Must be this tall to ride" on his ribs, and fucked like over 100 girls. Thats a great guy to be fronting a Christian band right? NO!
And nick is actually a really cool guy and pretty good at screaming too. He used to be in For All We Know www.myspace.com/forallweknowband

AUSTIN DID NOT LEAVE AA! HE WAS KICKED OUT!

haha. Funny tattoo.
I think they're all just jealous they didn't think of it and decided to kick him out.
01:08 PM on 02/05/09
Yontsey
This Awkward Silence / Dustin
User Info.
wrong. i'm good friends with and lived with jonny. there was no obligation.
My apologize then. I'm just going by stuff I've read from articles and from wikipedia.
01:33 PM on 02/05/09
mogwaifearsatan
feels good man
User Info.
when anyone asks "at what point was the scene truly dead?" i will point to when Rise Records started getting big.
01:50 PM on 02/05/09
cobja94
User Info.
They are so good.
02:28 PM on 02/05/09
rawker31
User Info.
I think it's pretty good. I was disapointed when Austin left Attack Attack. Btw, is their new vocalist any good? (from a fan's perspective)
03:58 PM on 02/05/09
mattattack!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is that why they all cuss and do all the same things only not to the extremity? Hm
They do some of the things that austin did too (not all of them), but he took it overboard. He's done some pretty terrible things that i don't feel like i have the right to tell. I still think he's a good vocalist, my friend recorded guitar for this demo and his band is managed by austin. I don't really know Austin, but I know a lot of people who do and most of them say that hes not a very nice person. I know some of the guys in AA! and they said that he was just an asshole to them, and he was in it more for the fame and money and girls. It wasn't just one specific thing where they just kicked him out, it was a build up of different things and a desicion that they thought about and talked about and eventually they couldnt take it any more and kicked him out. The reason why they didnt post a blog was cuz that was the only thing he said when he left, he told them dont tell anyone they kicked him out and he would just say he left and he wanted his van back lol.
04:18 PM on 02/05/09
mikehranica
User Info.
he doesn't deserve half that much credit. because you were in a band that was signed doesn't give you the right to start a new band and have it signed five or six days later. particularly when your first band wasn't anything huge (certainly when he was in it, at least). as much as i dislike elite rants about how the scene sucks, this is something to prove that the current state of music has it's negative traits. i don't remember MATSOD getting signed a week after Dallas left Underoath. They worked for years. Jaxin is a rad dude, i don't mean to really bash, but if your band deserves to get signed, they should have to work at least a little bit.
04:32 PM on 02/05/09
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
its not shitty at all, find sum1 else that can scream like this austin can
oli sykes, and better.
04:37 PM on 02/05/09
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
he was great on the attack attack record, i'll be looking forward to the first release
05:09 PM on 02/05/09
mattattack!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
he doesn't deserve half that much credit. because you were in a band that was signed doesn't give you the right to start a new band and have it signed five or six days later. particularly when your first band wasn't anything huge (certainly when he was in it, at least). as much as i dislike elite rants about how the scene sucks, this is something to prove that the current state of music has it's negative traits. i don't remember MATSOD getting signed a week after Dallas left Underoath. They worked for years. Jaxin is a rad dude, i don't mean to really bash, but if your band deserves to get signed, they should have to work at least a little bit.
I TOTALLY agree, but AA! are actually kinda big, they get the most plays on rise's current roster. However that doesn't mean that if their front man gets kicked out and makes a new "band" he should automatically get signed. Especially for posting a demo where the music was written and recorded by 2 other bands with the exception of bass and vocals. If anyone deserves to get signed its Though She Wrote, they recorded half of OM&M's song and they have been a band for a while now and put on a SICK live show. This "band" only has bass and vocals.
06:41 PM on 02/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
when anyone asks "at what point was the scene truly dead?" i will point to when Rise Records started getting big.
Rise has and will never have anything to do with the "death" of this scene. If you want to blame any labels, blame FBR or even Fearless.
07:11 PM on 02/05/09
circatbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Cue all the unecessary Rise Records hate...

To be honest, the only "shitty" bands on Rise are Breathe Carolina(I like them but I won't argue that they're any good) and Watchout! There's Ghosts. So other than those two bands I have no idea why the fuck you people talk shit on this label like every band signed to Rise sucks. Look at the The Years Gone By, In:Aviate, Oceana, Burden of A Day, and so on.

As for this band, I like what I hear so far, nice to hear Austin again. Anyone know why he left AA!?
As much as I hate you and as much as I know you hate me, I agree with you 100 percent. I like most bands on Rise, as you already know, and hate when people say shit about them just because of a few bad bands. I'm pretty sure Austin got kicked out of AA! for doing some "unchristian" things.
07:14 PM on 02/05/09
circatbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
d00d, why don't you get one of those blue names!?
07:16 PM on 02/05/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
As much as I hate you and as much as I know you hate me, I agree with you 100 percent. I like most bands on Rise, as you already know, and hate when people say shit about them just because of a few bad bands. I'm pretty sure Austin got kicked out of AA! for doing some "unchristian" things.
Well I myself love almost every band on Rise so I get agrivated when people talk shit but don't even know half of the other bands on the label.

You better be careful, if you start to agree with me more often we may have to take that title away from you.
07:18 PM on 02/05/09
circatbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well I myself love almost every band on Rise so I get agrivated when people talk shit but don't even know half of the other bands on the label.

You better be careful, if you start to agree with me more often we may have to take that title away from you.
Exactly. Some of the better bands in the "scene" are on Rise. (i.e. In:Aviate).

I don't think we have to worry about that
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums