01:10 PM on 02/10/09
ericsounds41
User Info.
This is amazing.
01:29 PM on 02/10/09
ParisInFlames55
here's to life!
User Info.
such a great band, such a great way to check them out.
i am loving the positive responses so far.
05:10 PM on 02/10/09
NoJoyInMudville
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I more than likely would have not heard of this band if it wasn't for this, but I just downloaded it and I'm really liking it.
05:42 PM on 02/10/09
FallingArdor
User Info.
I luckily saw The Damnwells at the Double Door last December and they played over half the new album. If anybody has downloaded their live bootlegs from Gilly's website,

http://gilly.wakefieldgirls.net/thedamnwells.htm

They might have been lucky enough to download the demo/etc bootleg and many of the songs from One Last Century were in there in Demo form. I wasn't sure if the album was going to sound cohesive since the songs are from different times and different recording sessions. BUT, the album flows amazingly well, and this is a great album. Perfect addition to Air Stereo and Bastards of The Beat. For a really great and long interview with Alex Dezen check this out:
http://atomicned.com/?p=293
06:09 PM on 02/10/09
FallingArdor
User Info.
Did not know what to expect. This is really good.

There was a facebook event created and 300 or more people chose not to download it. So sorry. Their loss. They don't deserve to be Damnwells fans if they pass this kind of opportunity up. Anyways, this kind of thing is the reason why the internet takes music to another level. Bands like this can exist and thrive. I can't wait until the DVD "Golden Days" comes out. Its a documentary film about their rise and fall in the music business. Epic dropped them after Bastards of the Beat was released. Which is crazy because it is a solid album. I think they were a little ahead of their time, and now is the perfect time for The Damnwells to spread like a wildfire. Sort of like how Capital Records dropped Jimmy Eat World, they recorded their own album and are hoping for a second life. Cheers to Alex and the band. Great music.
08:59 PM on 02/10/09
devinisdie
I can hear my...hair growing..
User Info.
man I have tried 3 times to download this and it keeps stopping around 40 megs. Hoping that its just my shitty college wi-fi. Either way I was hoping to check this out while studying all night, bummer.
06:22 PM on 02/24/09
googirl8907
legalfreemusic.tumblr.com
User Info.
I'm a bit late for this but I just downloaded it today. I'm loving it.
06:10 AM on 03/09/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
I wish I could pay for this...so damn good. Might be my favorite of the year so far.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos