Password
This Thread is Closed.

05:29 PM on 10/04/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Yea, I'd say this season of "Parks and Rec" almost rivals the quality of "The Office" in its prime. Great characters, story and execution. I really hope NBC gives this a bigger chance with "30 Rock" in place. Because that whole Thursday lineup is perfect.
08:25 PM on 10/09/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
God this show is damn funny. It's taken a huge leap in its second season, to the point where I think it's funnier than everything else NBC is running. Community, this, The Office and 30 Rock are going to be a deadly combo.

Also, to me, not only is Leslie not a Michael Scott clone, she is a better character. She brings way less negatives to the table than Michael does. Michael was almost unbearable during the wedding episode. He's become a caraciture.
This x 1,000,000. You nailed it. The fact that this comedy block isn't watched by more people is a crying shame because it truly is the most solid block of comedy since "Must See TV."
02:26 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Bump. Last night's show was pretty good. Not the best, but solid. And Ron Fucking Swanson is always great.
03:25 PM on 10/30/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Co-signed. This and "Community" had absolutely excellent episodes. It raped basically everything else on that night. Though I've yet to see "The League."
07:12 PM on 11/12/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Another solid ep. I think this and Community are probably the most consistent sitcoms of all the Thursday night comedies. And I love Jerry, he's such a sad sack.
02:19 PM on 12/04/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old

I rarely laugh as hard as I do for TV shows than I did at this moment. Ron. Fucking. Swanson.
03:24 PM on 12/04/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
i always watch this because it's between community and the office, but i can't seem to "get" why this show is so funny.

i'm not knocking it. there have been some really funny parts, like Ron with the bacon last night, but overall it seems really bland.
I think it's good for the same reasons The Office is (or if you don't care for it now, was) so good. It's able to make funny jokes while developing its characters and their nuances. Like the episode last night, it somehow found a way to make a character dealing with post-divorce depression funny. It gives its characters genuine feeling so even when it's not firing on all cylinders, it's still enjoyable. I think it originally got a bad rep for being a bland Office knock-off, but has since come out of that shadow with this solid season.

As for why you don't find it funny - I don't know. Comedy is subjective.
06:08 PM on 12/10/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
I was laughing my Asnov.
07:31 PM on 12/11/09 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
I'd tend to say it's about neck and neck with Community and Modern Family as the best sitcom of the year. 30 Rock has been okay, The Office has been spotty.
03:28 PM on 03/12/10 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm kinda sick of the "will they/won't they" formula. It's getting old. I hope they don't drag it on too long.
To be fair, it's a plot device that helps anchor viewers. You don't get a ton of viewers waiting to see if the pit gets filled in or what crazy thing Amy Poehler says this week. Let's face it, nobody just wants to see a couple of people going on dates. They want that awkward in-between period.

It's working here, for the most part. So why not?
03:21 PM on 03/20/10 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Andy Samberg was fucking terrible in the last episode. I didn't laugh once at him. However, everything else in this show continues to be awesome. <3 April
I dunno, I laughed pretty hard at the 'HAVE YOU SEEN AVATAR' and all the pigeons flying away. He was pretty one note, but did exactly what the role required.
10:10 AM on 03/23/10 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Probably all for the better. Schneider's a great actor, but he couldn't help his character being reduced when all the others hit their stride at the same time.
04:59 PM on 03/26/10 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
No, I watched a good amount of the first season, as well as the first episode of the second. Everyone's always saying how this is the best show on TV, I'm just asking for a starting point.

EDIT:
Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been. Could you give me an episode that you would say highlights the best aspects of the show? Like where all characters are at their best.
I'd say "Greg Pikitis" is a definite standout as it has Andy at his most Andy-ist as well as still having the Louis CK/Leslie romance. Also rec'd for some good character interaction, is "Stake Out." I think those two are the ones that really sold me on the show.
12:11 AM on 05/21/10 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Next season is seriously only 13 episodes? What the fuck?

I don't know what the whole deal was for the season order, but it could definitely be 13 + back 9 if it does well and other shows fail. Plus, it could come back sooner if Paul Reiser and Outsourced fail (which I really think will, especially the former).

like I said, NBC is the worst.

I'm just as upset, but being realistic, the show could have easily been nixed altogether. It's the worst performer on Thursday nights and could have been let go for something new. On any other network, it would have been gone. We actually should be thankful NBC is hurting so bad that we get to keep this.
02:00 PM on 08/30/10 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
The MO!
Male - 29 Years Old
Outsourced will be done before you know it. Can't wait.

Truth.

Outsourced looks pretty funny. Probably because I always get mad when I call and get someone from India who barely knows English.

Yea, but does that make for an even remotely good premise for a show? Think about it. Think, think about it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets