This Thread is Closed.

11:34 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old
You're not wrong.

That's just such a simple way of describing the biggest problem for a television show. 'Well, if more people just watched it, it'd stay around longer and be successful.' It's like saying your baseball team would be better if they'd just win some more games.

Yeah that's true. I should have been more clear. I am surprised this show hasn't resonanted more with The Office crowd. The show is so easy to relate to I don't understand why it isn't more popular. But as you said that is the fickle TV audience these days.
11:34 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
It's the best out of those five 'excellent ratings' shows, that's for sure, but it's not appointment watching. When I'm at my Mom's and it's on though, I'll enjoy it somewhat.
11:36 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah that's true. I should have been more clear. I am surprised this show hasn't resonanted more with The Office crowd. The show is so easy to relate to I don't understand why it isn't more popular. But as you said that is the fickle TV audience these days.

I believe a couple people were discussing exactly this yesterday. While I'm completely with you, the counter argument was that Amy Poehler isn't nearly as good a lead as Carell was, particularly in the sense of drawing large numbers. I don't get it, but I guess it could be part of the reason.

It's honestly a mystery to me.
11:37 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
How can you call a tv show a "fan favorite". Who are the fans? Calling Derek Jeter a "fan favorite" makes sense because he is the favorite player of a lot of fans. You could even call Ron a "fan favorite" because he is the favorite characters of a lot of fans of the show. But who are your fans here? People who like Parks and Rec? Then of course its a fan favorite.

Also it priases 30 rock for winning Emmys, but then also complains that Mike and Molly won an Emmy?

I mean, I agree that its sucks that the good NBC shows don't get better raitings, but that info graphic is laughably stupid.
11:43 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Glad I could provide that.

To me it is like Arrested Development. That show blew up after it was cancelled I have ten friends I know personally that checked it out later despite me pleading with people to check out before it was cancelled. I feel like this show could at least pull in Office numbers if more people gave it a shot. Just my thoughts.

The issue that stuff like Community and and Parks and Rec have is that you really need to watch almost the whole series to truly appericate it. Community has the same problem Arrested Development did, where so many of the jokes revolve around the characters personalities. With Parks and Rec, its because you can really feel like these are real people and Pawnee is a real place. I don't think someone who had never seen the show would've really loved last night's finale. People are far more willing to watch one episode than 50, even if they are totally missing out by not watching the 50.
11:45 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Those graphics are pretty terrible
11:46 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Whitney/Chelsea are pretty low rated programs that are going to get cancelled this year. Those graphics are pretty bad.
11:48 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
Rockwall, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
The issue that stuff like Community and and Parks and Rec have is that you really need to watch almost the whole series to truly appericate it. Community has the same problem Arrested Development did, where so many of the jokes revolve around the characters personalities. With Parks and Rec, its because you can really feel like these are real people and Pawnee is a real place. I don't think someone who had never seen the show would've really loved last night's finale. People are far more willing to watch one episode than 50, even if they are totally missing out by not watching the 50.
Spot on.
11:52 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 29 Years Old

That is a good point. I think that the payoff if you watch all the way through is tremendous. One of my friends got caught up over the summer and loves the show now. If the network's made it easier for people to catch up on shows I think shows could pick up viewers.

My buddy watches a lot of TV but is not a fan of streaming them on the internet. He missed the pilots of Person of Interest and Once Upon A Time. He wants to catch up with them but he now has to wait for them to come out on DVD, which will probably happen right before the new season starts leaving him no time to get caught up. This system is not helping.
11:54 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Renewed.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...n-for-season-5
11:54 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
What's a good place to buy jeans?
11:55 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
strauburi
Definitely. I've always been a huge fan of Seinfeld, so once I discovered in my teens that everything was so much funnier once you knew the characters, I've always tried to catch up with a show before watching a new episode.
11:56 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
Nice!
11:56 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
JinxRemoving
New Hampshire
Female - 28 Years Old