AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Nine Inch Nails News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Nine Inch Nails To Go On Hiatus

Posted by - 06:07 AM on 02/17/09
Trent Reznor has formally announced that Nine Inch Nails, after 20 years of activity, will be going on indefinite hiatus following a tour with Jane's Addiction later this year.

Submitted by voncorn

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 147
06:07 AM on 02/17/09
Mike Kraft
It'll get you drunk!
User Info.
Quoted From PostIn NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's "Lights in the Sky" tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year - much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to Jane's to see if they'd want to join us across the US and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Are there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope.
Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.
Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there.
06:09 AM on 02/17/09
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Holy shit, no.
06:10 AM on 02/17/09
birdman
DUNGEON MASTER
User Info.
isn't NIN pretty much just Trent Reznor?
06:10 AM on 02/17/09
ryanhorizons
User Info.
that fucking blows
06:14 AM on 02/17/09
Floggingnation
The Thinker
User Info.
Damn....
06:15 AM on 02/17/09
dearmsleading
A City Heart instrumentalist
User Info.
:( let's hope its like blink's.
06:17 AM on 02/17/09
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
So he is just going to stop making music?

Isn't it just him?
06:18 AM on 02/17/09
allan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
tres gash. but perhaps he'll just keep banging out records and not doing live stuff. us brits never got the lights over america tour but if it was as good as he says then I imagine it could present issues for him to make something better on subsequent tours.
06:19 AM on 02/17/09
cooltoy
User Info.
that sucks but i do agree the man deserves a break. 20 years without any super long breaks is amazing for anyone.
06:23 AM on 02/17/09
qwertyboy5000
Bobbles.
User Info.
Man, this is some seriously depressing news. TR will go out with a bang, though.
06:23 AM on 02/17/09
waitrewindthat
also known as hobbes.
User Info.
This guy is the lil wayne of industrial, it makes me sad to think he is going to put NIN to rest.

Perhaps he'll have some more free releases in the time before tour is over. He is a genius musically and I have alot of respect for him.
06:24 AM on 02/17/09
HollywoodAbalze
doog it
User Info.
shit didnt ilan rubin quit all these bands to focus on NIN
06:25 AM on 02/17/09
brandrezake
Brand Rezake
User Info.
I don't like this... NIN is soooo good. Maybe we will find Trent in other shapes.
06:26 AM on 02/17/09
YoTengoRabbi
Black Metal Jesus
User Info.
This guy is the lil wayne of industrial, it makes me sad to think he is going to put NIN to rest.

Perhaps he'll have some more free releases in the time before tour is over. He is a genius musically and I have alot of respect for him.
Oh snap... I had to read all of your post... because when you call someone the "lil wayne" of something, I automatically believe that you are insulting them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos