AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
FLEDtheKING - In Human Form Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.75
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 7
Production 8.75
Creativity 6.5
Lasting Value 7.25
Reviewer Tilt 6.75
Final Verdict: 74%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

FLEDtheKING - In Human Form

Reviewed by: Klatzke (02/17/09)
FLEDtheKING - In Human Form
Release Date: March 2009*
Record Label: Unsigned

I have mixed feelings about In Human Form.

On one hand, the case sensitive name and affinity for generic breakdowns is a bit disheartening and makes them seem like just another metalcore band. Their overuse of some of the most used breakdowns could, of course, be avoided. Among the many throughout the seven songs, quite a few of them follow the standard kind of build-up to powerchords and bottomed out vocals that bands have been using to death for years. While these breakdowns can, in places, bring down the music (as well as the fairly cookie-cutter vocals), for the most part they at least show a glimmer of creativity when crafting them.

On another note, FLEDtheKING comes back to wow me with their inclusion of twists and surprises throughout each of the seven songs. For example, the only clean vocals included on the EP in "Everything Left Behind" come as a huge jolt and are pulled off extremely well. This little dose of melody leaves you wanting more, and if they were to include more of them, I definitely wouldn't be against it. Some of the synth effects they use are rather interesting and they include both echoed vocals to staticy, dischordant rhythms among many other things. Many of the synth parts and their technical riffing give the songs an eerie feel, and overall most of the tracks come across extremely strong. The song structures seem to be pretty static, and that also goes down as a plus.

I really have a problem making a decision on this album. While I'm rather entertained by it, in some places it just seems like another generic metalcore EP. However, in the places where the more positive qualities of In Human Form shines through, it easily makes it a worthwhile listen.

Recommended If You LikeMisery Signals; My Hero Is Me; The Dillinger Escape Plan

Myspacehttp://www.myspace.com/fledtheking

*Tentative date from band.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums