Username
Password
Universal Music Group News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Universal Music Group
Inside AP.net

After Midnight Project Pick Mixer

Posted by: Jonathan Lally (02/19/09)
After Midnight Project's Universal/Motown debut will be mixed by Tom Lord-Alge. The band recently wrapped up recording with John Feldmann.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19.
03:17 PM on 02/19/09
Posthardcore
User Info.
Didnt know they were signed so such a big label
03:20 PM on 02/19/09
cory-182
User Info.
Can't wait to see these guys on the KIA Kevin Says Stage at Warped this summer.
03:36 PM on 02/19/09
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
Wikipedia:
"Lord-Alge helped pioneer a method of digital tape editing known as "flying" vocals (e.g., using a piece of the chorus to accent a different part of the song, etc.)."

Could some one maybe explain what the "flying" vocal effect is? maybe cite an example, or two?
03:57 PM on 02/19/09
soclassick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Great band!

Flying is an editing technique in which an engineer copies the tracks from one section of a song to another. In modern recording, artists often record one take of the chorus of a song and simply fly it to where the other choruses belong in the song. Before the advent of digital recording, this was a somewhat arduous process, but it can now be done in seconds using any of the present day's leading digital workstations.

http://idolator.com/5152299/joe-the-...g-terms-part-i
04:02 PM on 02/19/09
I'm DC
I hope this terrifies you.
User Info.
That sucks. Feldmann ruins everything.
04:02 PM on 02/19/09
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
Great band, can't wait to hear new material. Also had no idea they were signed to such a big label.
04:50 PM on 02/19/09
mrogerslives
User Info.
this band needs to go the fuck away
05:41 PM on 02/19/09
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
Great band!

Flying is an editing technique in which an engineer copies the tracks from one section of a song to another. In modern recording, artists often record one take of the chorus of a song and simply fly it to where the other choruses belong in the song. Before the advent of digital recording, this was a somewhat arduous process, but it can now be done in seconds using any of the present day's leading digital workstations.

http://idolator.com/5152299/joe-the-...g-terms-part-i
thank you.
07:59 PM on 02/19/09
swervin
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What happen to the interviews with John Feldmann and AMP that were supposed to be posted on the website soon????
08:02 PM on 02/19/09
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
I saw them do an interview with Rossstar a couple weeks ago..seemed really boring.
08:14 PM on 02/19/09
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
They have some great stuff on their EPs, hopefully Feldmann is the right choice to produce them.
10:52 PM on 02/19/09
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
they are pretty lucky to get a budget that can pay for guys like Feldmann and Lorde-Alge with the state of the industry where it is.
01:07 AM on 02/20/09
Cali7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw them do an interview with Rossstar a couple weeks ago..seemed really boring.
thats because rossstar was a d-bag and all he did was promote himself and other bands, the guys of AMp are actually really funny and crazy and normally they are alot of fun in interviews but apparently rossstar carses more about himself then the people he is supposed to interview...
08:53 AM on 02/20/09
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
thats because rossstar was a d-bag and all he did was promote himself and other bands, the guys of AMp are actually really funny and crazy and normally they are alot of fun in interviews but apparently rossstar carses more about himself then the people he is supposed to interview...
Considering Ross is one of my best friends I'm going to have to go on ahead and tell you you're an idiot.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS