Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts.
11:54 AM on 02/23/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is a great list. the only problem with it is HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU LIMIT IT TO JUST 15 RECORDS? That must have been so hard for the staff, congratulations guys. Now for my obligatory peanut gallery statement, i would have added (from this early 00's/late 90's "classic" list):
Glassjaw-EYEWTKAS, Thrice- IOS, Brand New- YFW, Refused- TSOPTC, STD- TBC, The Ataris- Blue skies..., GAD- Ribbons and Sugar, Rival Schools- United by Fate, Radiohead-OK Computer, Third Eye Blind- s/t, Lostprophets- fakesondofprogress, Poison the Well- Opposite of December among others. this doesnt mean these are the best cds these bands have put out (see Brand New, Glassjaw, Thrice) but these are in the early stages of the genre and helped pushed it to new limits. once again great list guys.
These aren't the absolute essential top 15 albums...these are just albums that we consider classics. There's no way that we could limit to 15. We're definitely missing some (Clarity and Refused, for example), but I bet you can expect to see them in a future installment winkwinknudgenudgeHoppusHoppus.
01:47 PM on 02/23/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
With that list, this site should lose the "AbsolutePunk" name for a month. Change it to "AbsoluteIndie" or "AbsoluteEmo" or even "AbsoluteMusic."

There is nothing PUNK about that list.
What is this? 2003?
02:25 PM on 02/23/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dear julia/ap.net staff, some of your picks are dead-on, although I think you've overlooked too many obvious choices and went with deeper cuts that are a bit too obscure to be considered an "absolute classic" by my definition.

my list would likely have included something from Green Day for example. Like "dookie" or even "american idiot" if you want to go new school. i think Saves the Day "through being cool" is painfully absent from this list. NOFX "punk in drublic" should also probably be on there, along with Bad Religion "suffer" or even "stranger than fiction". No Operation Ivy?

really, you should have done absolute 100. in my opinion. the list is just too damn short, and i could never, in good faith, recoomend Propaghandi to someone over Social Distortion, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid, etc., all of which have made stronger and more important albums than "today's empires tomorrows ashes". IMHFO.
If you've read, you'd notice that we didn't say this was a definitive list by any means. I'm sure there will be other features like this.
09:16 AM on 02/25/09
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
whoever chose atdi, thanks.
You're welcome!
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music