AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:24 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
NSD0454
Male - 24 Years Old
Can anyone tell me their opinion on Full Sail's Music business or entertainment business degree's? I have been considering going their but am not sure if the degree is any better then a business degree elsewhere. If anyone is currently going their or knows someone that is for those particular degree, please discuss your thoughts!
01:49 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
Memphis, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
From what I hear it's basically a scam. They make it seem all great and then you graduate not knowing much and not being able to get a job. And also supposedly people in the industry don't take FSU grads seriously.

Just what other people say though. I personally don't know anything about it, but it does look pretty cool.
05:56 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
googirl8907
legalfreemusic.tumblr.com
Female - 24 Years Old
I'm getting a degree from another University before I go to Full Sail for a Music Business degree.
06:28 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
TheSkyline
Memphis, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
^ That's a good idea.
06:32 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
New Orleans, LA
Female - 27 Years Old
You're better off getting a degree in Music Business from a university that has a well respected program.
06:34 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
chronomic
is dat ur pokemons?!?
winter in chicago
Male
the only problem is that it isn't really a university, not even a real college. You can't get a bachelors degree. You get their form of a "degree" which isn't accredited. It's basically a sheet saying you completed their programs and gave them all your money.

Not to discredit what they teach there, but they run basically a boot camp. Your entire day is planned pretty much every day of the week for you.

My advice would be to get your bachelors in music business from a university or private college.
06:37 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
TheSkyline
Memphis, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
You're better off getting a degree in Music Business from a university that has a well respected program.

Agreed.

the only problem is that it isn't really a university, not even a real college. You can't get a bachelors degree. You get their form of a "degree" which isn't accredited. It's basically a sheet saying you completed their programs and gave them all your money.

Not to discredit what they teach there, but they run basically a boot camp. Your entire day is planned pretty much every day of the week for you.

My advice would be to get your bachelors in music business from a university or private college.

Yeah, that's the biggest problem. You never even get a real degree.
06:38 PM on 02/24/09 
User Info.
BreatheAtlantic
South Brunswick, NJ
Male
i go to full sail university. not for music business, though i considered it, im here for digital arts. but from what i hear...everything they teach isnt anything you cant learn from the books you pick up at barnes and nobles. not to mention, most people in the industry learn via experience, not via degrees.
05:51 AM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
TheBestBet
Toph
Long Island
Male - 29 Years Old
My opinion is your better off getting a degree in business or marketing and learning the music business by experiance (internships, self education)
07:11 AM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
raychull
I've Been Forgotten & So Have You
Lakeland, FL
Female - 22 Years Old
And also supposedly people in the industry don't take FSU grads seriously.

seriously?
what about film?
08:11 AM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
Heart-A-Tact
Columbia, MO
Male
I've learned a considerable amount. My time here hasn't been wasted.
02:16 PM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
TheSkyline
Memphis, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
seriously?
what about film?

There are so many better places to go for film.. I don't even know why you would consider that place for a "degree" in film. There are some awesome film schools in America. Full Sail isn't one of them.
02:25 PM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
raychull
I've Been Forgotten & So Have You
Lakeland, FL
Female - 22 Years Old
There are so many better places to go for film.. I don't even know why you would consider that place for a "degree" in film. There are some awesome film schools in America. Full Sail isn't one of them.

I meant in reference to FSU. Trust me, I know about full sail. I'm not thick.
02:31 PM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
WoodenSoldier
take your time coming home
Atlanta , Georgia
Female - 19 Years Old
speaking of music degrees, anyone know any good schools that offer them in Georgia?
02:40 PM on 02/26/09 
User Info.
TheSkyline
Memphis, TN
Male - 21 Years Old
I meant in reference to FSU. Trust me, I know about full sail. I'm not thick.

FSU = Full Sail University

I'm guessing you thought I meant Florida State? Haha I don't know much about that school, but I'm sure it's a good school.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets