Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
10:15 AM on 02/27/09
seanthethief
User Info.
"ex-DGD"

let it be known that I am the only ex-DGD member. Thank you very much, AbsolutePunk.net for the support on the site. We appreciate it very much (especially as an unsigned band).

We'll have a full album stream on our myspace early next week of the album, "Signs & Wonders".

-sean

this dude is backed as a legit dude even though I am not a fan of his tunes

sup dude in your rush to post 50800349 times a day you made a little grammatical error. It should be "by a legit dude". At least I think that's what it means.

you know I love you <3
08:03 PM on 02/28/09
seanthethief
User Info.
Was this the guy that left DGD because he was butthurt over Johnny being an Atheist?

Everyone in the band (to my knowledge) was an atheist. I left because I didn't want to play screamo music anymore, hence my new band's LP. A lot of insane stuff also went down on tour, so that was a contributing reason as well.

He probably left because Johnny was an alcoholic and drug addict.

<3 daniel.

dug their ep, very beloved / thriceish
thank you.
so stoked for the full-length, quality music from quality dudes
Thanks drew buddy

real good music

best of luck

Thanks.
yes he did back in 2007. jonny posted a blog bashing christians or something like that, using DGd's myspace. a lot of ppl saw it but i think it was taken down faily quick. sean was the only christian in that band, so im sure he was a little butthurt lolz everyone in that band drinks and smokes weed, so i doubt sean left cuz jonny was such a drug addict, when theyre all drug addicts.

I don't know what blog you're referencing, but none of the member's personal beliefs were the reason I left. Yeah, there was a lot of tension between me and a couple members at one point, but we're all friends now and I am sure there aren't any hard feelings. Just ask them.

the never-ending rumors regarding why certain members left DGD never ceases to entertain me. if only you all knew the real stories.

hahaha, truth. I'm open book with this stuff, but people prefer to listen to the scene-kings and queens gossip about it instead of just asking me directly. That's fine.
Whatever reason he did leave I am pretty sure it wasn't to blame on Jonny Craig. They are still friends and Sean is working with him on his solo record that is coming out some time. Pretty sure sean can confirm that.
I'm actually working on an collaboration album that Scott Stapp and Michael Jackson are putting out. I'm pretty excited about it.
Regardless, I don't mind sean leaving DGD. Consider The Thief sounds much better then where Dance Gavin Dance is now.
it's just two very different styles of music, but thanks.
10:27 PM on 03/01/09
seanthethief
User Info.
sorry sean. dont blame us, ive asked, and thats what "dgd" has answered. this was back in 2007-08, and yes they said u left butthurt because u kept fighting w/ jonny and he kept bashing christians, and about him messing w/ the myspace blogs to bash christians, and a lot of tour fighting. they blamed everything on jonny, everything. but also matt said they kinda exagerrated the details, so yeah, its not all us. yes, ironically, jonnys friends w/ jon and eric and matt, so there isnt as much tension as people might think. except for zac garren.
"tour fighting". Yeah, I actually broke Matt's nose in the back of the van when I was in the band. Ask them about that one. haha. It wasn't all Jonny. Yeah, he was a big part of why I left. I don't know if the rest of the dudes are cool with him, all I know is that we've settled our difference and are on great terms now. Hope that clears things up.

edit: I know what they said in the blog that outed Jonny, and I actually approved of the content that they mentioned about the two of us at the time because I wanted to be done with it, but I wish I didn't now that I look back on it.

All I know is everyone is better off, at least in my opinion. Dance Gavin Dance has a way more mellow lineup, Jonny's doing well in Emarosa and I'm not playing screamo anymore! haha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests