Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

Buy This When It Comes Out!

Posted by: Lueda Alia (03/04/09)
Ed Droste (Grizzly Bear) blogs about the leak of the new album, Veckatimest.
Message From EdSo yeah, we are kind of bummed this leaked so early. We know itís not the 90ís anymore and times have changed, and weíre super grateful for all the support people have shown us on the blogs and internet, but we were kind of hoping it wouldnít happen this soon.

Ultimately we feel like we put out a great album and hope people enjoy it, and we really hope people take the time to pre-order and support the good one-and-a-half years it took to write and record it.

I promise you the album art for both CD and vinyl is going to be gorgeous. And a bonus: all vinyl people will get a high quality download coupon with their purchase.

Leaking is a tricky subject; as we all know, Iíve had my run ins with the law O__o (Hi, Mr. Sheriff!) I have conflicting opinions about it, as itís really complicated, but ultimately it saddens me that a bummer-quality version of Veckatimest is going around. Please consider putting your energies into a pre-order or into waiting till May 26 for the album the way we intend it to be presented.

Not to get all mushy, but we definitely put a lot of love and work into this one and are just excited to hit the road and tour it again.

Ok, there! Got that off my chest.
Warm regards.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31.
04:23 PM on 03/04/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I always wonder why people choose to listen to music from their favourite bands in such low quality. Anyway, I hope you guys buy the album if you (heard it and) like it.
04:29 PM on 03/04/09
Trevor Sostarich
Vernacular
User Info.
Didn't even know it leaked. That sucks. This reminds me of when Commit This To Memory leaked early and Jack's Mannequin's latest album. I'd rather wait for the album to drop.
04:31 PM on 03/04/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
From what I've heard (and what Ed is saying), the quality is pretty bad too, so that makes it even worse.
04:38 PM on 03/04/09
lovemedo
This is one lucky life.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dang, leaked HELLA early. That stinks.
04:44 PM on 03/04/09
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I always wonder why people choose to listen to music from their favourite bands in such low quality. Anyway, I hope you guys buy the album if you (heard it and) like it.
I know Id personally rather listen to my favorite bands new cd in horrible quality, then not listen to it at all?

But wow, almost 3 months early, thats really unfortunate.
05:10 PM on 03/04/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I know Id personally rather listen to my favorite bands new cd in horrible quality, then not listen to it at all?

But wow, almost 3 months early, thats really unfortunate.
Yeah, but you will listen to it eventually, so there's no need to listen to a crappy version. It ruins the album, in my opinion.
05:13 PM on 03/04/09
zFrog
Giancarlo
User Info.
this and kevin devine's new album leaked early.. such a shame
05:23 PM on 03/04/09
spansen
and then what happens?
User Info.
i only recently began to understand torrents, and i haven't really taken full advantage of them-- but i still buy things if i do like them and want to support the artist (which happens in most cases).
05:27 PM on 03/04/09
batmannj
"No more half measures Walt"
User Info.

I think it goes along with people and the "Now!" culture that we have today. People feel like they have to listen to the music before it comes out because they feel like they need it right away. The fact that it is available, some people just want to hear it as soon as they can. I don't totally get it in most cases, but for an artist that some people really love, some just want to hear it right away.
05:30 PM on 03/04/09
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I think it goes along with people and the "Now!" culture that we have today. People feel like they have to listen to the music before it comes out because they feel like they need it right away. The fact that it is available, some people just want to hear it as soon as they can. I don't totally get it in most cases, but for an artist that some people really love, some just want to hear it right away.
I completely understand that as I'm always excited to hear new music from my favourite bands too. But I refuse to listen if the quality is crappy. I don't know, it just feels like that takes away from the actual album. Maybe I'm just more patient than most?
05:33 PM on 03/04/09
hockeyguitar99
Prison Strength
User Info.
I completely understand that as I'm always excited to hear new music from my favourite bands too. But I refuse to listen if the quality is crappy. I don't know, it just feels like that takes away from the actual album. Maybe I'm just more patient than most?
I normally pass up on leaks, but I did check this one out. And I'm kind of glad it's a low quality, because that gives me something to look forward to on release date, which is why I won't be grabbing a higher version if one hits the web.
05:35 PM on 03/04/09
batmannj
User Info.

yeah I think so lol. I agree that it takes away, because I got Thursday's record when it leaked, but after I bought it, it was like you notice the little things that make it what it really is. I think some people don't listen to music in the same sense that others due and they just want the simple pleasures of hearing the music when listening to it, but for me, I need to hear the little nuances that make it truly unique.
05:38 PM on 03/04/09
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would agree that I am pretty patient when it comes to these type of things. I have yet to listen to the new NFG album, and I do not plan on listening to this till it comes out.

I have gotten back into the swing of things with buying albums when they actually come...

I get a deep satisfaction supporting an artist the proper way...
05:55 PM on 03/04/09
batmannj
User Info.
I would agree that I am pretty patient when it comes to these type of things. I have yet to listen to the new NFG album, and I do not plan on listening to this till it comes out.

I have gotten back into the swing of things with buying albums when they actually come...

I get a deep satisfaction supporting an artist the proper way...

Same here, there is something really redeeming about holding the physical copy of the album in your hands and giving it its proper due.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS