Username
Password

02:36 PM on 10/19/11 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
this house of the rising sun cover has to be the best version of that song done since the animals did it. i'd say even better than their version. just unbelievably good. he wails like he's got nothing left. absolutely amazing.
10:25 AM on 12/10/11 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
so fucking awesome. am i the only one praying that bruce brings gaslight as the openers on his tour next year?
06:58 PM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
does anyone know at what age brian got married? i remember him mentioning in an interview i think as early back as like '03 or '02, just curious
07:30 AM on 01/28/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
Happy 32nd birthday Brian Fallon!
07:41 PM on 06/22/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
great song, this is gonna be a huge record
02:20 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
pre-ordered the super deluxe, i really hope i got one of the autographed copies, that'd be sweet. Anyone else going to the mercy lounge show in Nashville in a couple weeks?

Edit: reading that nick hornby forward and he mentions that Howl actually is named after the poem. thats so fucking awesome, another reason this is my favorite band ever. cannot wait to hear this
02:52 PM on 07/14/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
uh oh, i actually really hope it doesn't leak
05:05 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
this is gonna be my favorite gaslight release, i can already tell
04:52 PM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
anyone else seeing them in Nashville tomorrow?
07:23 PM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
I am! My friend and I flew in from tampa this morning, bummed the instore at Grimey's is just a meet and greet now but still super excited for the show.

do you know what time it is?
03:58 PM on 07/19/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/al...itten-20120719

"With his newsboy caps, sleeves of tattoos and wiry intensity, Fallon can come off like a barista getting high on his own supply."

does anyone know what that means?
06:03 PM on 07/19/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
"A barista getting high on his own supply" is more referring to the "wiry intensity" and the fact that the review feels like he's the kind of perpetually on a caffeine high type. The reviewer is trying to say that Brian is high-energy to an overboard level

ok, that makes sense. also, take rolling stone's 3.5 as a pretty positive review, they give a disproportionate amount of new records 3.5
10:21 AM on 07/21/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
I know there's been like 3 awesome, full HD sets of theirs posted lately but heres my contribution. A really short, terribly shitty video of "Here's Lookin at You, Kid" that I got on my phone from the Nashville show on Wednesday. Enjoy.

you were pretty close to me haha. really fun show, hot, but fun
09:17 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old

i'm not gonna take any gaslight review that mentions springsteen seriously, positive or not. its lazy, predictable and an out of date reference. we get it, really, we all get it. he's from jersey and in a rock n' roll band and bruce likes the band. the comparisons really end there, especially on handwritten. its reviewers like that who undermine actually intelligent music critics who attempt to draw original opinions on a record. "The Gaslight Anthem started out as an Usher, tried to pass himself off as a Frank Ocean, but — on his band's new album, Handwritten — ended up as a Lana Del Rey." i mean seriously, what the fuck is this shit. and of course, "as Japandroids showed just last month, there's still juice left in rock's bygone fantasyland, where legs wrap around velvet rims with nary a titter." i don't usually get so butthurt at reviews, but this is just so predictable and awful
11:28 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
How can you call a review of that length lazy? Seems to me he took the time to explain why he didn't really like the album, which is better than most reviewers do. Even if I don't agree and think he's looking at the album through the wrong lens, the amount of Gaslight fans getting upset by this is kinda annoying me. Not everyone is going to like the album and the fact that someone else doesn't like it doesn't make it any less good.

it isn't that he didn't like it, i don't care, but its exactly what collectiveconfusion said

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos