AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:29 AM on 04/19/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I like this band, but I also think they're a bit overrated. I'm a huge Springsteen fan, and they have never quite lived up to the comparison for me. I enjoy The 59 Sound, but it has never become a favorite of mine like I expected it to at first.
11:59 AM on 04/20/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Did someone honestly call this album flawless? There's only one record on the planet that I would call flawless...
12:11 PM on 04/20/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member

Yep, that's the one.
01:26 PM on 06/15/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
fuck rolling stone for not giving a four star review to any band or artist that wasn't around in the 60s.

they gave fucking nevermind 3 and a half when that first came out

Does anything not get 3.5 stars? Unless you're U2, in which case you get an automatic 5...
08:52 PM on 06/15/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
bob dylan and bruce springsteen, any beatlesesque or rolling stones release...like i said, anything that came out in the sixties originally

Yeah, pretty much. I'm a die hard Springsteen fan and even I wouldn't have given Working on a Dream above a 3. Apparently it's perfect though...
03:02 PM on 10/21/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I listened to American Slang for the first time in a while yesterday, and I was disappointed with how bored I was. There's a lot to like about it, but something about the final product just doesn't click with me for the most part. I think the weak choruses are the biggest inhibition.

I agree with most of this. I mean, I enjoy it while I'm listening, but so many of the songs are just forgettable for me.
10:24 PM on 10/21/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I feel like I might be alone in calling We Did It While We Were Young my favorite song from this album...
10:27 PM on 10/21/10 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I can't argue against it. It's a wonderful song, and the perfect way to end that album.

Not near as good as The Backseat, but still pretty fucking great. Wish I liked the rest of the album as much as that song...
11:38 AM on 03/16/11 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
God, I want a U.S. summer tour!
03:42 PM on 04/26/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
Interesting that their premiering it on a radio station over in the UK. I'm anxious to hear it!

They do everything in the UK, haven't you noticed?
12:03 PM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
That's one of their best songs already. This album is going to kill.
07:48 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
So we've got the release date: when do we think this leaks? Haha
08:21 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
American Slang leaked amazingly early, but with a new major record label releasing it, I'd say June 30th (my birthday), but probably not till mid July.

Yeah, my guess is early July. I still remember when American Slang leaked: one guy hacked the system and leaked a shitload of stuff. Was a glorious week.
09:33 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
did that guy ever get caught? he leaked some pretty good stuff, if I remember

He leaked a shitload of stuff. I remember this, The National, The Black Keys, Good Old War, Band of Horses, and probably some other stuff. Maybe LCD? Though that might have been earlier and not connected. I thought he did get caught, but I don't remember hearing what happened.
10:28 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
LCD was actually later and not connected if I recall. I think The Hold Steady was leaked by that kid as well.

LCD was within a week, in either direction. I thought it was the weekend before, but I'm not certain. He may have leaked a higher quality Hold Steady, but that was already out there by then, in the form of a not-so-stellar vinyl rip from Record Store Day.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos