Username
Password

09:42 PM on 05/09/11 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
I would never tell someone just getting into the band to start with Sink or Swim. The majority of their catalog doesn't even sound like it. That's like telling a Brand New fan to start with "Your Favorite Weapon" -- ehhh..

Yeah, it's not exactly the same seeing as Brand New doesn't play many songs off of that record live anymore. Gaslight always plays a lot of Sink or Swim Songs. I mean you listen to Your Favorite Weapon and and Brand New's last 2 albums and it sounds like a completely different band. I think Gaslight has always been Gaslight, while evolving their sound from album to album.
11:01 PM on 05/14/11 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
...I'm so glad I'm not a musician. I can enjoy music for what it sounds like, not how it's made.

Sometimes reading these threads is like watching a three-camera sitcom with the handful of friends I have who do video production for a living. I get why they feel the way that they do and that it's not their thing, but I think it's silly to criticize something for being what it was intended to be.

Fucking This. It just comes off as being nit picky and snobish in my opinion. Gaslight is amazing and have only released one song that I genuinely dislike (Red In The Morning).
03:19 PM on 05/19/11 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Good video. Love the Dave Hause appearance!
04:49 PM on 01/15/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Just listened to the Itunes session for the first time. It's amazing and the version of Boxer on this release is so much better than the American Slang one.
10:58 AM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
So like right when the Man City / United game starts? Haha. Bad timing.

Game doesn't actually start until noon I believe. Coverage just starts at 11:30.
11:38 AM on 04/30/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Play it again!
08:54 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
1. 59 Sound
2. Sink Or Swim
3. American Slang
4. Senor and The Queen.

All are fantastic releases and it's hard to put them in order honestly. I also think I might be a little biased since 59 sound was the first Gaslight album I listened to. Only Gaslight songs I've really don't enjoy that much are the original version of Boxer and Red In the Morning. The Itunes session version of Boxer is way better in my opinion.
08:44 AM on 05/11/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Quote me with any Gaslight Anthem questions ... I'm talking to Brian tomorrow.

What new, up and coming bands would you like to tour with in the future?
08:26 AM on 05/15/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Holy shit the venue they are playing in Portland is small compared to the one they play last time they were here in 2010. 600 person capacity show should sell out pretty quick. It would be awesome if it was 21+, I think the Seattle venue is a bar. These are going to be amazing, intimate shows.
02:35 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Jason has me beyond excited with all of these updates. While I'm super stoked that they are coming to Portland in July at a pretty small venue, I hope they come back again after the album is released haha. The show is 2 1/2 weeks before the albums released so I doubt they will play a ton of new stuff and if they do I won't know any of the songs. The northwest is long overdue for a Gaslight show though, they haven't been here since they played at the Crystal Ballroom with The Menzingers and Fake Problems almost 2 years ago. We only got one show on the American Slang touring cycle. Given that fact I could definitely see them coming here again on a tour after the album is released where they will play much larger venues, hopefully in the fall. I think the July tour dates may just be them giving back to hardcore fans by playing small, intimate venues in places where they may not have played in a while.
06:01 PM on 05/17/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Just bought my tickets to the Portland show! Dave Hause is opening, which is awesome. Should be one hell of a time.
11:09 AM on 05/18/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
I wonder if Portland will get another Gaslight show this year, I'm going to guess this tour will come here since Rise Against's spring headliner skipped Portland. I have mixed feelings about Rise Against, but that tour is pretty much awesome. Given the bands they are touring with, maybe Rise Against will play some old stuff for once, that'd be a nice surprise.
02:28 PM on 05/18/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
That makes perfect sense for Gaslight, it's a perfect way to grow there fanbase. I'm just glad I get a headlining show this summer instead of the Rise Against tour. 45 minute HWM and Gaslight sets would be alright, but I'm glad I get to see Gaslight play 90+ minutes and Dave Hause is awesome. Gaslight/Dave Hause is far better than RA/GA/HWM in my opinion.
04:35 PM on 05/18/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
Dave Hause is just so good live. And a great songwriter. Blasphemy it may be, but I totally prefer him and The Loved Ones to Fallon/Gaslight.

I won't go that far, but Dave is one of the better live performers I've ever seen. I saw him at a house show last spring and he completely blew me away. I don't know what's up with the band, but Dave's solo stuff is honestly better than anything I've ever heard from The Loved Ones anyways. I've seen him both solo and with the band. I actually prefer his striped down acoustic performances over The Loved Ones performances. Resolutions was one of my favorite albums of 2011, it's criminally underrated.
04:44 PM on 05/26/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
1930 is still my favorite Gaslight song, despite 59' sound being my favorite record. Hopefully they will play a shit ton of Sink or Swim in July, they usually do anyways ha. The only time I saw them on the American Slang tour cycle they played like 27 songs and a lot of old stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets