Username
Password

02:36 PM on 04/11/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Going to be working on some things this week to bring some potential stuff, in regards to the new album, to the site for everyone. Pitched an offer for an exclusive, interview, early review, band commentary -- anything, basically, that we can get to get some excitement stirring.

Believe me -- I'm going to be pushing for this. I will be sure to keep everyone up-to-date on any cool possibilities.

thank god. i'm starved for conversation on this band.
03:39 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
i like the stopstart of bring it on. i'm really really excited about this
05:48 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
It's a cool song...but did anyone else notice it has the same annoyingly slow drumbeat as "American Slang"? Still, super-stoked for this to drop....in two months.

By the way, thanks for telling me to go listen to Ryan Adams' Gold the other day. I actually bought it on vinyl yesterday, and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite albums. Good shit, dude.
after a dozen listens, i'm still not super impressed...neither song released has caught me like the first couple tracks off of 59S...still hopeful though. i do love his vocals...they sound great.

glad i could help you find something you like. 90% sure you've heard of wilco's "yankee hotel foxtrot," but if you haven't, please check that out. you'll love it as well.

Where did you hear the new song?

Oh there's another new song? I'd like to hear it so I can regain my hope in the new album.
there's a mediafire link in a quote a few pages back or PM me
06:15 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
It's like The '59 Sound, but amplified. I like it. Reminds me more of the Stones this time around rather than Springsteen.
you got access to a stream? or are you just talking about "bring it on"?
06:27 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
I. LOVE. THE BACKSEAT.
it's their best song, easily.
06:36 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Sorry, just meant "Bring It On"

You guys will know when I hear the entire album haha. I'll make a big thing about it. Probably have an orgasm on the forum. It will get weird, but be informative.

one thing i've always noticed about gaslight is the louder you listen to their music, the better it gets. like scientifically, the guitars just start crunching better at a certain decibel level.
06:54 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
this may be bad, but ive realized TGA can write anything, and ill like it.

fallon's lyrical persona is getting a little cliched to me. it's the same references over and over
10:42 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
I like this song so much more than "American Slang"; it has effectively renewed my interest in the new album. It's not an extraordinary song, but I've never expected anything extraordinary from The Gaslight Anthem. This is something I can blast out of my car with my windows down on a summer afternoon and sing along with, and that's what I want.

agreed. does anyone in here think gaslight might be a LITTLE overrated? don't get me wrong, i absolutely love most of 59S, but it's mostly because they're fun rock songs with lyrical references that i find interesting/different from most of what i listen to. it's not as groundbreaking of a record as everyone makes it out to be
10:50 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
I'd agree with this. They're a really fun band, but I'm not sure how people consider The 59 Sound a modern classic in the making or whatever. They don't do anything more than write solid nostalgia-fueled driving anthems (I guess they have an appropriate band name). It just so happens that they do this well, and this is enough for me.

now all we need is for someone like tate to argue with us (if he even feels that way)

/paging jason tate
11:03 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Ha, I have no need to argue with Jason. (I can't shorten his name to "Tate" because I have good friend with that last name, so that name belongs to them, not him, lol.) I'm sure he has better things to do, like run this site.

remember the pre-daisy question/answer sessions? those were the best, i wish i could see them in the archive.
11:09 PM on 04/18/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
The Brand New thread leading up to Daisy was so much fun. Oh, yes, back before Ryan, Justin, Dave, Max, Meg, and so on decided to hate each other, back when we picked on Evan like a little brother. (Speaking of Evan, it's his birthday today/tomorrow.)

yeah, the hate is driving me from that thread. it's getting more overtly hostile than i'm usually prepared to interact with. i might need to actually wish evan a happy birthday. he's grown on me now that he doesn't lick ryan's balls anymore.
10:23 AM on 04/19/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
i can't wait until june for this album. if it leaked, i'm listening.
10:58 AM on 04/19/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
so good

www.damngoodmusic.com/gaslightanthem
11:25 AM on 04/19/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Alright, everyone asking for a link in this thread --- STOP. Nothing irritates me more. Infractions are coming.

I'm unhappy this leaked, but I did want to hear it. Wish the good folks at Sideonedummy would protect their albums better... or at least Gaslight's.

I'm gonna have to listen after class. I hope it lives up to my own hype!

it does
12:03 PM on 04/19/10 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Which is why I deleted the link when someobody sent it to me. Hardest thing I've done in quite a while, actually.

that's admirable, i wouldn't be able to do that
haha props for your self-control bro

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS