10:03 AM on 03/01/11 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
wayyy better quality:

sounds frackin sweet

Wow, this seriously sounds incredible. Although that's no surprise.
05:33 PM on 04/24/11 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
So excited to see these guys at Bamboozle. It's going to be my third time seeing them in just the past 6 months lol. The last two sets I saw from them were 100% identical though, but they played alot of deeper cuts so I loved it. However, I have still never seen them play 1930, Blue Jeans, or Drive somehow. I have had the worst luck. I am also praying for WDIWWWY.

I saw someone mention somewhere about how possible it is that Bruce could join them on stage again. That's not even a rumor, just someone's observation, but I would die if he did.
05:58 PM on 05/03/11 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Guys. I think I like this band but I haven't really listened much.

WHERE DO I START.
I honestly think Sink or Swim is their best album. Probably my favorite rock record of all time. Everything they have ever touched is beyond superb, but Sink or Swim just has a passion and a grittiness to it that really pulls me in.
11:42 AM on 05/09/11 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
I would never tell someone just getting into the band to start with Sink or Swim. The majority of their catalog doesn't even sound like it. That's like telling a Brand New fan to start with "Your Favorite Weapon" -- ehhh..

True, but I do find it to be the most accessible due to the straight forward rock nature of it all. I first listened to the album when I was like 16 and it was a much easier album to get in to based off of my love for punk rock at the time than say The '59 Sound would've been. However, there was enough of the soul and story telling present in that album that would be built upon in the next two that it was an easy progression for me to digest. Seņor and the Queen also helped bridge that gap wonderfully.
01:17 PM on 06/13/11 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
I NEED someone to rip an mp3 of this. Excellent performance and awesome quality.
11:24 PM on 07/29/11 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
and speaking of TCM, here's a nice, high quality rip of the "she coulda raised the titanic" demo (earrrrrrrrrrrly version of "1930") [not sure where this rip came from, but it's much better than the stream rip that's been floating around for a while now]

(i stole from this place, as usual)

... there's no way that's Brian singing. I love the TCM EP but I never took the time to listen to this. I feel like I'm listening to The Get Up Kids cover 1930 right now, which rules, but is someone else doing lead vox in that demo? It sounds like Brian just does the background "ohs".
07:13 AM on 02/12/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
You guys should all download this. A bootleg of a Brian Fallon solo show from December. Audio quality is decent, but it's a great set with some fun banter and such. Recorded and uploaded by this tumblr user.

On a related note, how the FUCK did I miss that this show was happening?! Would have been more than worth the trip from upstate NY.
08:06 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Honestly a very similar set to the couple American Slang Tour dates I went to, (similar EP and SoS cuts, She Loves You, swap State of Love and Trust for Baba), but that's a great thing, as the AS tour stop in Clifton Park, NY is my favorite show I've ever seen. Twas my first date with my current lady, and she had never listened to them and instantly became obsessed and we bonded like crazy over it, and we got together for real like two weeks after. Got really nostalgic watching it and had to text her. Honestly feel very fortunate to have seen this band throughout the various stages of their career.

Gutted that we just missed out on tickets for this show and can't go to Bamboozle because she graduates from college this weekend, but this was almost as good. Really cool experience. Will definitely be at Webster Hall, though.

Also also, fuck yeah to this fan club idea.
11:24 AM on 06/08/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
seriously need a preorder of this album. it's coming out pretty soon.
This! Been checking every 6 hours or so for a month!
08:23 PM on 06/22/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
So good. The best rock band in the world.
04:02 PM on 06/23/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
So, Gaslight was streaming their set from Orion Fest today, and less than 30 minutes in... the audio changes to Metallica performing, but the video is still Gaslight. It has been going on like this for atleast five minutes. So strange and hilarious to watch.

EDIT: Came back just in time for Blue Jeans, all is well.
04:10 PM on 06/23/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Few things:

1) I love the city of New Paltz. I wish I could visit there all the time.
2) Gaslight covering Metallica!?!?11/? \m/

Haha I actually just moved from there but it is a cool place. I wish it was a cover lol, but it was Metallica's actual audio feed.
08:34 PM on 06/23/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
I stayed there for a few days when I recorded with John Naclerio (sweet name drop bro rite?), and I want to go back. Definitely a nice change of pace from where I'm at now. And I was joking about TGA covering Metallica... I knew what you were getting at lol.

Today has been nothing but Gaslight. After seeing them last night, I'm beyond obsessed.

Good shit on the recording, man.

Fifth time seeing Gaslight on July 23rd. Only gets better!
08:27 AM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Not very happy with the 45 RPM Club presale. Sold out in 2-3 minutes and I couldn't get the page to load until they were gone. Really bummed. If I had known there were going to be so few and presale was going to go just like trying to get tickets on the general onsale date, I would've saved myself the money =/ Also, there are 42 tickets PER Terminal 5 show on stubhub already, so this is not goling to stop scalpers at all.
05:29 PM on 10/30/12 
User Info.
LivingTheLyrics
Troy, NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Dude, I fucking loved the EP. Maybe I'm in the minority, but this is seriously something that a good chunk of Gaslight fans will go crazy for.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets