Username
Password

11:30 AM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm not too certain I like Brian's solo stuff. The few times I've heard him by himself, it didn't exactly interest me the way Gaslight does. What stuff has he released so far anyway? Maybe I'm missing the "good" tracks.
I'm tempted to say that "The Blues, Mary" is his best song, period. Have you heard it?
12:36 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
He also does a cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah"
12:37 PM on 09/28/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Also, I literally just found out about his Tom Waits cover last night. And that happens to by my favorite song by Waits at the moment, so I rightfully freaked the fuck out.
06:28 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I got to see Dan and Dave play last Saturday and I get to see Frank Turner next month, so I'm just considering that my Revival Tour. I'd kill to be able to go to that, though.
06:30 AM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Holy crap that looks amazing.. and I do have some of Brain's solo stuff. A while back someone complied it all into an album of sorts. But it never quite captured my attention. Maybe I should just give it some more listens. I'll do that tomorrow and come back with my thoughts.

(So far I'm listening to "The Blues, Mary" right now and I am enjoying it more than I can remember).
Yeah, I had that compilation, too. Pretty much everything done for a while was also compiled in this thread on a fan message board, but I don't have the link to send you now, but if you don't get it by the time I get home tonight, I'll post it for you.
02:12 PM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
What new songs were added?

So far I'm listening to that compilation and I do like it.. but it hasn't swayed my opinion too much. Brian is good on his own, but it's not what I would hope it to be like.
The only non-comp "new" song I saw was the Tom Waits cover. There are a lot of acoustic versions of stuff and live bootlegs. It's not all Fallon solo, but mostly Gaslight stuff. There's also some interviews. It's definitely a lot of good content worth at least knowing about if you're really into the group.

EDIT: The best tracks on the comp, in my opinion, are "The Blues, Mary," the "Great Expectations" acoustic version, and the Cohen cover.
07:49 PM on 09/29/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
The compilation I have has the Tom waits cover. But it does sound interesting. Let me know if you get it.
Here ya go, dude. Have at it! :)
11:29 AM on 09/30/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm told the set list is changed for each date of the Revival tour! Pretty excited about seeing them tomorrow night! Huge Trio and Gaslight fan so this is gonna be special!
Have fun
04:34 PM on 10/19/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Badass. "Great Expectations" may be my favorite TGA song, and "Warbrain" is definitely a top-notch Alk3 song.
12:37 PM on 12/28/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Don't get me wrong if I had a band and Tom Waits joined us on stage I would be estatic. But they are going to keep getting tag with Springsteen thing as long as the are a band. It seems manitory now for any review for gaslight to mention him.
I love you.
02:40 PM on 12/30/11 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
The best place to start with Gaslight?

"The '59 Sound"
"Great Expectations"
"Here's Looking at You, Kid"
02:11 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
For some reason I never thought that a band would intentionally record b-sides. I always imagined b-sides as tracks they originally recorded and couldn't fit onto the record.
You can't make money on re-releases without a few b-sides and covers to throw on there!

But what probably happened was they wrote a bunch of songs for the album and then selected their favorites and are just recording the extra songs they wrote that won't be on the album.

Also, money.
02:20 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Nah, iTunes basically requires a b-side now.
Oh yeah. I never buy stuff on iTunes, but don't most of the albums come with extra songs?
12:19 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by mrnegativezero;103512302
I don't think I ever heard any of [I
American Slang[/i] played on the radio over here. Might've not listened to the right stations but Gaslight still feels like an unknown band going off of radio.

I've seen the "American Slang" video played at the local Hard Rock Cafe. Don't know what to make of that, but it seems pretty impressive.
02:14 PM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
She Loves You is great but I don't like it would fit on the record.

Your avatar is great.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version