Password

07:32 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
I want one!! That would make drinking coffee even more pleasurable

From what I remember Side one made about 200 back in '08, I was lucky enough to get one. Clearly, they only wanted 200 fans interested in 'em!
07:48 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
So we've got the release date: when do we think this leaks? Haha
07:55 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Pencil
meet the decline
Male - 23 Years Old
How much of it have you heard? I've only listened to "Drag My Body," which I enjoyed.

I truly believe Drag My Body is one of the finest punk rock songs from 2012 so far
07:58 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
HogarthHughes
Go wait in the car
Male - 23 Years Old
I truly believe Drag My Body is one of the finest punk rock songs from 2012 so far

It's a great song. I'm really not hearing the "radio-rock" comparisons that some have thrown around. That's simply not what rock on the radio sounds like. If it was, I'd listen to the radio a lot more, that's for sure.
08:10 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
bjberkow
No Avatar Selected
Mebane, NC
Male - 29 Years Old
So we've got the release date: when do we think this leaks? Haha

American Slang leaked amazingly early, but with a new major record label releasing it, I'd say June 30th (my birthday), but probably not till mid July.
08:21 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
American Slang leaked amazingly early, but with a new major record label releasing it, I'd say June 30th (my birthday), but probably not till mid July.

Yeah, my guess is early July. I still remember when American Slang leaked: one guy hacked the system and leaked a shitload of stuff. Was a glorious week.
08:41 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
Yeah, my guess is early July. I still remember when American Slang leaked: one guy hacked the system and leaked a shitload of stuff. Was a glorious week.

did that guy ever get caught? he leaked some pretty good stuff, if I remember
09:33 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
did that guy ever get caught? he leaked some pretty good stuff, if I remember

He leaked a shitload of stuff. I remember this, The National, The Black Keys, Good Old War, Band of Horses, and probably some other stuff. Maybe LCD? Though that might have been earlier and not connected. I thought he did get caught, but I don't remember hearing what happened.
09:59 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
He leaked a shitload of stuff. I remember this, The National, The Black Keys, Good Old War, Band of Horses, and probably some other stuff. Maybe LCD? Though that might have been earlier and not connected. I thought he did get caught, but I don't remember hearing what happened.

LCD was actually later and not connected if I recall. I think The Hold Steady was leaked by that kid as well.
10:28 AM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
LCD was actually later and not connected if I recall. I think The Hold Steady was leaked by that kid as well.

LCD was within a week, in either direction. I thought it was the weekend before, but I'm not certain. He may have leaked a higher quality Hold Steady, but that was already out there by then, in the form of a not-so-stellar vinyl rip from Record Store Day.
12:18 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
Midland, MI
Male - 21 Years Old
New single could possibly be the best song they've released so far. Fallon's voice has never ever sounded better.
12:28 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
Columbia, SC
Male - 25 Years Old
New single could possibly be the best song they've released so far. Fallon's voice has never ever sounded better.
Oh god.
12:32 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Coloso
hey
Romaaaaaaa
Male - 23 Years Old

It was The Hold Steady, Foals, and Minus the Bear in that same batch if I remember correctly.
08:46 PM on 05/02/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
It was The Hold Steady, Foals, and Minus the Bear in that same batch if I remember correctly.

Minus the Bear definitely. Don't even know what Foals is, but I'll take your word for it, haha. Point is, that week was the most ridiculous thing ever.
12:49 PM on 05/03/12 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
Been listening to Gaslight in preparation for the show in two weeks. And man, do I love their cover of "Refugee." So good. If they do more Tom Petty covers I'll be immensely happy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos