AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:03 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
No matter how much I listen to "We Did It When We Were Young" I just can't get into it.

that sucks man, i fucking love it.
06:49 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
I guess it does. A lot of people seem to love that song. I mean, I love their other slow tempo songs, like "Navesink Banks," "Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts." "Red at Night" as well, but only slightly less so. But there's just something about "We Did It When We Were Young" that just doesn't click with me. Possibly the deliver of it, because I really like the lyrics. I don't know man. Always bothered me that I couldn't get into it.
06:59 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
This bit has me excited. For me, "45" seems like they took everything great about all of their releases and melded them into one glorious, anthemic single. It's poppy without losing its edge, it's powerful without seeming forced. There's passion. And from what you're saying, that carries on into every other song you've heard.

How many songs are on the sampler?

I think it's five
09:55 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
FYI: "45" is now available on iTunes. Get on it!
10:11 PM on 05/07/12 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
bought!
02:38 AM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
We Did It When We Young is definitely up their with my favorites. Beautiful track. I've been listening to them so much recently, and it seems The '59 Sound is my least favorite by them. I love their early sound, so Sink or Swim kills it for me, and American Slang seems to be a much more defined record. It's still solid though.
05:45 AM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
ragnarokstar
it's just a case of flash delirium
Male - 27 Years Old
We Did It When We Young is definitely up their with my favorites. Beautiful track. I've been listening to them so much recently, and it seems The '59 Sound is my least favorite by them. I love their early sound, so Sink or Swim kills it for me, and American Slang seems to be a much more defined record. It's still solid though.

The '59 Sound used to be my favorite, as it was the first record I heard by them, but over the years it has became my least favorite, even though it is still an amazing record. Sink or Swim and Senor and the Queen have an energy that can't be topped and American Slang is just huge. Im sure Handwritten is going to absolutely blow my expectations out of the water though.
06:11 AM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
The '59 Sound used to be my favorite, as it was the first record I heard by them, but over the years it has became my least favorite, even though it is still an amazing record. Sink or Swim and Senor and the Queen have an energy that can't be topped and American Slang is just huge. Im sure Handwritten is going to absolutely blow my expectations out of the water though.

If the songs on Handwritten are anywhere near as good as "45", it's going to be amazing. They've created pretty much the definitive Gaslight track with that song. The riffs, the lyrics, that fast punk rock tempo - perfect. It's going to be one of those records you play in years to come and still know that shit's about to go down as soon as that song starts.
02:46 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
The 59' Sound is still top for me. Probably something like The 59' Sound > Sink or Swim > American Slang. At times I want to say The 59' Sound and Sink or Swim are equal, but that's only because "I Coulda Been a Contender," "We Came to Dance," and "Wooderson" are on it.
02:48 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
I can't choose between them, haha.

"Angry Johnny..." is my favorite Gaslight song so that really helps SoS, but I honestly don't think I could give them any sort of accurate rating. Changes day-to-day, mood-to-mood, etc.
02:52 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
EP > Sink or Swim > American Slang > The 59 Sound

But I love em all.
08:49 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
1. American Slang
2. The 59 Sound
3. Sink or Swim
4. Senor & the Queen
08:49 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
Hillsborough, NJ
Male
What time is everybody getting down to Asbury now that it's first come first serve. Just curious.
08:54 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 26 Years Old
1. 59 Sound
2. Sink Or Swim
3. American Slang
4. Senor and The Queen.

All are fantastic releases and it's hard to put them in order honestly. I also think I might be a little biased since 59 sound was the first Gaslight album I listened to. Only Gaslight songs I've really don't enjoy that much are the original version of Boxer and Red In the Morning. The Itunes session version of Boxer is way better in my opinion.
08:58 PM on 05/08/12 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
EP > Sink or Swim > American Slang > The 59 Sound

But I love em all.

What's your reasoning for putting their EP as their best? I mean, not to really call you out or anything but I've always found it odd when people claim an EP has the band's best work. I believe that's happened a new times in relation to Gaslight.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos