Username
Password

02:48 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Everyone shut up in here, I want to brag about going to see Gaslight tonight. Shut up when I'm talking about Gaslight!
02:53 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
Can't stop listening to "45".
02:55 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
cwhit412
don't ask
No Avatar Selected
College Park, MD
Male - 21 Years Old
Everyone shut up in here, I want to brag about going to see Gaslight tonight. Shut up when I'm talking about Gaslight!

FACKYOUUUUU.
can't wait to get home so i can finally listen to my Nolan/Hailey records thanks bby <333
03:00 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
www.soundcloud.com/paulbeaumont
England
Male - 25 Years Old
Music, news and the (for the most part) awesome group of people who use this site and make good discussion are the reason I come back here more than any other site. I trust the community to show me potential bands I'd enjoy and ignore what I probably won't (electronic, rap and the like). I never read reviews apart from ones on albums I've already made my mind up about anyway.

And for the most part I get all the news part of my comment from the boards anyway, not the main page. So Jason is right, community is the main part of this site I'd say.
03:10 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 26 Years Old
welp, came to reply and Jason did all the work for me. later.
03:16 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
www.soundcloud.com/paulbeaumont
England
Male - 25 Years Old
On mobile so can't see that video. But if I assume right and that's the pro recorded live version of Biloxi Parish from Glastonbury. I'm so glad it has come out sounding like that version. I love that track. Was happy when I saw it was in the tracklisting
03:35 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 26 Years Old
Jason has me beyond excited with all of these updates. While I'm super stoked that they are coming to Portland in July at a pretty small venue, I hope they come back again after the album is released haha. The show is 2 1/2 weeks before the albums released so I doubt they will play a ton of new stuff and if they do I won't know any of the songs. The northwest is long overdue for a Gaslight show though, they haven't been here since they played at the Crystal Ballroom with The Menzingers and Fake Problems almost 2 years ago. We only got one show on the American Slang touring cycle. Given that fact I could definitely see them coming here again on a tour after the album is released where they will play much larger venues, hopefully in the fall. I think the July tour dates may just be them giving back to hardcore fans by playing small, intimate venues in places where they may not have played in a while.
03:53 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old

For the person that asked me before, this sounds damn close to the finished version.

Is the third verse the same (the one with the "I wont say nothing cause thats how I know your heart")? Most of the live versions had that one, but a few of the more recent ones replaced it with a bridge. And its not like the bridge was bad, I just think that "I won't say nothing cause thats how I know your heart" is possibly the best line Brian has ever written so I'm really hoping it made the final version.
04:02 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Don't think there's the third verse.

damn =( Oh well. I trust they know what they are doing. Probably why they usually aren't to kean on releasing demo-level songs =) Maybe it'll turn up in some demos/b-sides collection in a few years. Still makes you wonder if the lyric ideas that Brian winds up throwing away are still that good... how much amazing stuff could he churn out if he wasn't a perfectionist and just wanted to write as many songs as possible? =)
04:29 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
Male - 25 Years Old
Listening to both now, I prefer the bridge version. Sounds way good.

Like I said, I like the bridge (at least the ones on the live versions I've heard). I'd probably really enjoy it if there wasn't the third verse version to compare it to. I just really like that idea of that euphoric feeling you have at the end of a concert, couple with just knowing the person you're with so well you don't even need to speak to communicate. Its the "hopeless romantic" side of Gaslight at its best and its weird to go "This might be my favorite thing Brian has ever written... but he doesn't even want it in the final version of the song"

Its like getting a cake and there is this tasty chocolate frosting and its possibly the best cake you've eaten and the frosting is amazing, but then you see the same slice of cake with a strawberry or something and you can't help but wonder how much better the cake would've tasted with the strawberry. And you know the chef tried both and figured it was better without the strawberry and you really respect the chef's opinion and don't want to be rude about not getting the strawberry because the chef didn't actually make the cake for you he made the cake because he loves making cake and is just letting you have some because he is awesome like that so you're trying not to be disappointed you don't have it because the cake is still amazing, yet at the same time you can't shake that desire to have the strawberry. Wait what were we talking about? I got a little carried away there...
04:31 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
BlodtÝrst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
So so so excited to hear a studio version of Biloxi Parish.
07:03 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
http://new.livestream.com/thegaslightanthem/livefromNYC

Live stream of the show tonight just started.
07:08 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Strangers to ourselves.
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
I love seeing Brian's grin come out. Shows how much he loves doing this.
07:26 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
this is awesomeeee
07:26 PM on 05/16/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Not watching because I don't want the setlist ruined Friday in case it's the same

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos