Username
Password

05:04 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
I'm really wondering how this album will do sales wise.

I'm on Biloxi right now and thoroughly enjoy it through the first listen. This is why they are my favorite band, they never disappoint me.
05:06 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Exactly what I thought it would sound like. Absolutely great. The fact that people will rag on this because they are "that band" now is such a joke.

This is the type of album that makes me proud to have been following this band over the years.
05:08 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Trainsaw
Stupid question but honestly I don't follow this type of stuff, do digital sales weigh differently then actual physical sales? Would I be better off going to a store and purchasing it or am I OK off of Amazon or Itunes?
05:10 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 26 Years Old
I honestly have to say this is most likely going to be my AOTY.
05:10 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
SoundwaveUproar
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
refusing
05:12 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
I will say this about the album compared to the previous releases, in my opinion this one offers up more variety in style/tempo.
05:12 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
spleen
We dance like fucking animals
No Avatar Selected
Portland, ME
Male
Alright, finished it. On first listen, the album is very bottom heavy, and the only songs I enjoyed from the first half were Here Comes My Man and Keepsake. Picks up with Howl, and the rest of the album is solid. Overall the album is good, but not as god-like as people have hyped it up to be. For me, no tears of joy were shed, and I cannot see this being as classic as 59 or Sink or Swim. But who knows, it may just grow on me over time.
05:15 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
ElGordoTacos
Orlando, FL
Male
Absolutely love this record! Keepsake is amazing. Also I think it's their most diverse record to date I'm my opinion. It's nice to have a band on this site that doesn't make the same fucking record over and over again.
05:22 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, England
Male - 20 Years Old
Anybody that says that this record isn't amazing is wrong. Opinion doesn't even come into consideration here.
05:42 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
Chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
Mulholland Drive, fuck me. Wow.
05:42 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
AlternateToLife
Pop Rocks
Philadelphia, PA
Female - 21 Years Old
Stupid question but honestly I don't follow this type of stuff, do digital sales weigh differently then actual physical sales? Would I be better off going to a store and purchasing it or am I OK off of Amazon or Itunes?

If it's a legitimate website (like either of those) there's no difference physical vs digital.
05:43 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
cryates
Resident GA sports fan
Fort Oglethorpe, GA
Male - 27 Years Old
I think the album is absolutely stunning after my first full listen.
05:50 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
Chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
I haven't been this in love with a guitar tone since I first heard Mike Ness's. This is like a controlled scream and I love it. It just punches so well.
05:53 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
England
Male - 23 Years Old
Finally have a song by this band I love in "45". Hope the rest of the album grows on me in the same way and I can finally get into this band.
05:53 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
AlternateToLife
Pop Rocks
Philadelphia, PA
Female - 21 Years Old
The particular brand of studio gloss on some of these tracks is a little icky to me, the vocals just sound so unnatural. But overall I love this album first listen in. Big F yes to Mulholland Drive, Too Much Blood, Howl, and Mae, Mae, Mae . Still digging 45 too, even though it seriously contains the aforementioned gloss.

By the way, first listen in it's easily one of my top 5 AOTY, so don't take my production complaints too seriously. And I love the echo in the last acoustic track.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos