Username
Password

07:51 AM on 07/04/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Elsie is great, was easily my favorite record last year but I don't compare it to TGA records, totally different.

I will say the Horrible Crowes show I went to was the best show I have ever been to. Incredible stuff.

Not listening to those clips, I don't wish leaking upon this record but if it does hopefully its before my 5 hour flight next Thursday
08:19 AM on 07/04/12 
User Info.
eagles1139
Male - 20 Years Old
Looks like review copies went out today.

When will this site's review be up?
08:28 AM on 07/04/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
When will this site's review be up?

Thomas wrote it already. Monday I think.
04:12 PM on 07/04/12 
User Info.
HogarthHughes
Paint the Streets in White
Male - 23 Years Old
Finally pre-ordered the deluxe edition. It's really hard not to listen to the 30-second samples, but I want to go in fresh.
12:18 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
http://www.thegaslightanthem.com/handwrittenstore/

Super Deluxe set up now
12:23 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
It's weird how the US and UK super deluxe bundles are so different... wonder why that is. Picked up the US one earlier.
12:51 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Want the book, don't want the other stuff ... meh. Would have done it if I didn't already get that vinyl bundle. Which is what I really want.
12:59 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Did both. Listen to so little new music these days that I have the extra bucks to spend on a band I really love.

Wish they would have done a better bundle/preorder though, a little too disorganized/weird.
01:41 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
ElGordoTacos
Orlando, FL
Male
Thomas wrote it already. Monday I think.

I will give everyone on absolutepunk a 100 dollars if Thomas doesn't bring up Springsteen in his review. (or the notes)
01:55 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
I've bought this three times now.
02:06 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
Polaris
Columbia, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
album lyrics: http://thegaslightanthem.bigforumpro...-with-spoilers

holy. shit. national. anthem.
02:07 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
eagles1139
Male - 20 Years Old
The picture of the LP that was posted in one of the preorder ads was very high quality and someone was able to read and transcribe the lyrics over at Dimestoresaints.com. You'll see the post on the left. Read at your own discretion, I kinda skimmed and peeked through half-covered eyes. But I saw some things that shattered my worry that the lyrics would be a little too simple. Unquestionably the best lyrical work yet.

EDIT: ^^you beat me to the punch
02:10 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
Polaris
Columbia, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
The picture of the LP that was posted in one of the preorder ads was very high quality and someone was able to read and transcribe the lyrics over at Dimestoresaints.com. You'll see the post on the left. Read at your own discretion, I kinda skimmed and peeked through half-covered eyes. But I saw some things that shattered my worry that the lyrics would be a little too simple. Unquestionably the best lyrical work yet.

EDIT: ^^you beat me to the punch

hahah i wish i had any sort of self control to not read those or listen to any previews and just put on headphones and have it all sound completely fresh when it finally arrives. blah, i feel dirty. (But they are oh sooo good.) Also ordered the $60 signed version earlier without any hesitation.
02:20 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old
pre-ordered the super deluxe, i really hope i got one of the autographed copies, that'd be sweet. Anyone else going to the mercy lounge show in Nashville in a couple weeks?

Edit: reading that nick hornby forward and he mentions that Howl actually is named after the poem. thats so fucking awesome, another reason this is my favorite band ever. cannot wait to hear this
03:31 PM on 07/05/12 
User Info.
eagles1139
Male - 20 Years Old
I have only read SOME of the lyrics VERY briefly...but once thing I kinda got the feel for, and Jason or anyone else that has heard the album can confirm or deny this, but *strictly from a LYRICAL standpoint* it seems like the themes and tone of the lyrics are most similar to Elsie. Like really emotionally heavy and dark...obviously placed over huge Gaslight music but still the lyrics just reminded me of Elsie. Which would make sense as that's the last project Fallon worked on and I don't really believe that you can just turn off a new form of songwriting you've learned, it always stays with you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos