AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:09 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
Hey sorry I didn't really read the thread, but did the new album leak? I got my copy today but I never heard about it leaking, and I thought all anticipated albums leaked since the turn of the decade. Someone set me straight?
06:36 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
HogarthHughes
all hail
Male - 23 Years Old
Pre-order should be coming in tomorrow! Cant wait to drive around and listen to it for the first time.
06:41 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 25 Years Old
Hey sorry I didn't really read the thread, but did the new album leak? I got my copy today but I never heard about it leaking, and I thought all anticipated albums leaked since the turn of the decade. Someone set me straight?
NPR hosted a stream of it last week, so rips of that started circulating, and then a couple days later a scene released leaked.
10:21 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
danman
is looking at you, kid.
St. Albert, AB
Male
Blue Dahlia needs to be on this record. 12 songs would have been perfect and it's probably one of my favourites of the bunch.
10:50 PM on 07/23/12 
User Info.
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
Chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
Blue Dahlia needs to be on this record. 12 songs would have been perfect and it's probably one of my favourites of the bunch.

I can see how it doesn't really fit in to the whole feel of the album but that's why it's a bonus track.
12:16 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
Chris Fallon
Boom.
Auburn, WA
Male - 31 Years Old
Listened about 10 times already, and obviously I love it. The bigger production works for where I thought they would be going after 59 Sound. "Desire" and "Here Comes My Man" deserve to be on the radio. They're the kind of great songs that used to be played on the radio -- something Brian knows about all too well.

Menzingers is still my favorite album of the year so far, but this one is competition. I just absolutely adore the lyrics on this record. They have an entirely new sense of depth to them as compared to Brian's previous songs.
12:46 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
Hamburglar
Jeff
Houston, TX
Male
Good God, just had one of those incredible moments where a song just "clicks". Took a late night drive and "National Anthem" finally hit me, and hard.
01:01 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
Southern California
Female

it didn't leak, they streamed it through NPR and people ripped the files off the stream
01:06 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
mike'smannequin
Registered Member
New Jersey
Male - 20 Years Old
Good God, just had one of those incredible moments where a song just "clicks". Took a late night drive and "National Anthem" finally hit me, and hard.
01:58 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
JayDanielHammer
then-now-maggle.tumblr.com
Minnesota
Male - 27 Years Old
Such a great album. I think I know almost every word already.
04:04 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
BoozeCruise
Germany
Male - 27 Years Old

the verses are great, but I think the chorus doesn't fit at all. it just sounds wrong
07:38 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
See, if I had it my way "Blue Dahlia" would be on the record with "National Anthem" as a b-side. I think it fits a lot better that way... how's that for controversy?
07:49 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
You absolutely cannot cut "National Anthem." Leaving aside my opinion that it's the second or third best song on the record, it just ties the whole thing together beautifully. No other song, be it "Mae," "Teenage Rebellion," or "Blue Dahlia" could have closed the record that that kind of personal emotional high, and for a record that is meant to be the most personal Fallon has written, anything else would just feel wrong.

Anyway, a week into this record and I just love it more every day. Review coming later.
08:01 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 21 Years Old
National Anthem's great.

Too Much Blood isn't. Song blows so hard.
08:04 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
I'd cut it. Not saying I don't like the song.. it just doesn't fit with the flow of the rest of the record. "Blue Dahlia" leaves me wanting more as a closer, which I like, and "Mae" has the same effect and intent as "National Anthem", with in my opinion better lyrics... using an acoustic number to close out a HUGE sounding record just comes off as predictable/easy to me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos