AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:57 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
deathxrays
Male - 26 Years Old
the fact they are playing were getting a divorce has made sitting through this shitty mix completely worth it, we are on song 7 of their encore, the last 5 have been pre-59sound songs...
08:59 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
the fact they are playing were getting a divorce has made sitting through this shitty mix completely worth it, we are on song 7 of their encore, the last 5 have been pre-59sound songs...

i'm so pissed i missed this. i hope it's uploaded somewhere
09:05 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
Chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
i'm so pissed i missed this. i hope it's uploaded somewhere

It likely will be. Maybe someone can work some magic on the bad mix.
10:40 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
I posted full lyrics to the album if anyone's interested: http://www.absolutepunk.net/journal....001 &e=361602
10:50 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
derek_8
London, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
Is it just me or are "national anthem" and "restless dream" by jacks mannequin the same song. Love me both buttttt
11:33 PM on 07/16/12 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Is it just me or are "national anthem" and "restless dream" by jacks mannequin the same song. Love me both buttttt

Just you.
02:17 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
Scarborough, UK
Male - 20 Years Old
Listened a few times. Keepsake is my favorite so far.
05:07 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member

Not even kind of.
06:28 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
Oli2033
Manchester
Male - 28 Years Old
Mannnnn, I've been listening to this none stop since I got the link to the stream off twitter. I ended up doing laps of the 24 hour supermarket because I knew I wouldn't lose the signal. So, so good, starts strong with 45, Handwritten is as amazing as I had hoped from when I first saw the lyrics, Here Comes My Man is aces. The middle section of Mulholland, Keepsake and Too Much Blood didn't hit me at first, but they've grown on me with repeat listens and when Howl hits, dear lord it's all brilliant from there in. Might be a knee jerk reaction but this is going tooth and claw with 59 Sound and with time it's probably going to be my favourite GA record. My AOTY for sure and that's after I was blown away by On The Impossible Past. It's been said before but we've had the return of Breaking Bad, new GA record and DKR all in a week, we're lucky fuckers sometimes.
06:34 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I am just so fucking blown away by this. Even with my expectations as stratospheric as they were, this record manages to surpass them. The guitar sound, Fallon's voice, and most of all, the songwriting, have never been better. I can only hope that this album turns them into the superstars they deserve to be.
06:41 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I've enjoyed my first listen. I can't wait to get my hands on the CD on Monday now though to hear it properly.
06:50 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
cryates
Fan of all things Georgia
Rossville, Georgia
Male - 26 Years Old
I am just so fucking blown away by this. Even with my expectations as stratospheric as they were, this record manages to surpass them. The guitar sound, Fallon's voice, and most of all, the songwriting, have never been better. I can only hope that this album turns them into the superstars they deserve to be.
I really could not agree with you more. I was blown away by the last two releases, but this one is just something different.
08:06 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
Portland, Oregon
Male - 25 Years Old
It took a few listens to sink in, but Handwritten is definitely surpassing my expectations. I can't put it up there with the 59' Sound, but it's definitely a step up from American Slang in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love American Slang, but the standout songs on this album are far better than anything on American Slang. "National Anthem" may be my favorite TGA song ever. I also love "45", "Desire", "Handwritten" and "Mae". "Too Much Blood" and "Biloxi Parish" took some getting used to because of the guitars, but they are growing on me. Benny's drumming is better than ever. They need to come back to Portland again, I need to hear these songs live.
08:41 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
CubbyNick42
@NickDevlin
Atlanta, GA
Male - 28 Years Old
Loving Biloxi Parish, Mulholland Drive, and Here Comes My Man.
08:50 AM on 07/17/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
The end of Mulholland Drive is incredible.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos