AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

09:08 AM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
eagles1139
Male - 20 Years Old
wow can i not wait to see them at the middle east in boston on sunday night....place is sooo tiny, can't believe they are playing there, should definitely be at house of blues. going to be amazing!

I'll be there, it's my first Gaslight show! I really wanna get up to the front as close to the band as possible. How many people does the middle east hold?
10:17 AM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
Cursethishearse
@bradleyjp
Chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
Really regret not getting tickets for this current tour. It would be so much better to see them play smaller clubs than to see them in a stadium opening for Rise Against later this year. I'm tired of all my favorite bands opening for Rise Against.

I'm happy I at least get them at Riot Fest.
11:57 AM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
Maryland
Male
It really boggles my mind that Rise Against are that popular in the states.

It boggles mine too. I wasn't even aware of it until i saw who has been opening for them the past couple years.
12:19 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
onthereg
Male - 30 Years Old
I'll be there, it's my first Gaslight show! I really wanna get up to the front as close to the band as possible. How many people does the middle east hold?

Nice! Dude, I can't wait...Middle East supposedly holds about 550, but I bet there will be about 600 people in there, minimum. Expect a tight, sweaty night, haha. Gonna be amazing. I want as many Handwritten songs as possible.
02:30 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
FF4889
Zapuda
No Avatar Selected
Dayton, Ohio
Male - 25 Years Old
Sadly I saw Brian say during the Toronto stream they don't want to play many Handwritten songs on their current string of shows. He want's people to have the record for about a month before they bust out a set heavy on that material that way people aren't hearing songs they don't know.
03:06 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
Meh, that's fine by me. I can see where he's coming from.
03:30 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Okay so yeah Handwritten is my favorite album of theirs I think--or at the very least tied with The '59 Sound. Finally got a chance to listen last night and then again this morning.
04:21 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
Mae should be the closer.
04:27 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
Fourchordwonder
Love was a war worth fighting.
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old

After a few listens, at least, I think I agree with this. National Anthem is the only song I haven't really connected with, but obviously I've only had the record for a day.
04:28 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I can see where he's coming from, but if he's going to do that, we'd better get another solid string of North American tour dates...without Rise Against.
04:34 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
After a few listens, at least, I think I agree with this. National Anthem is the only song I haven't really connected with, but obviously I've only had the record for a day.

Yeah I like the song a lot. Just don't think it fits with the rest of the record. "Mae" ties the whole record together in one song..
06:51 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
S/T
There's a lot of buzz around Lenny
https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/225766574303354880
09:54 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
Lionel Ballins
No Avatar Selected
Memphis
Male
Just saw them for the first time and they were phenomenal. Everything I wanted and more. Awesome.
10:42 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
eagles1139
Male - 20 Years Old
Anyone know if the CDQ has leaked yet? kinda surprising that since the album is out tomorrow in a lot of places it hasn't actually leaked.
10:50 PM on 07/18/12 
User Info.
Polaris
Columbia, MO
Male - 25 Years Old
I'd rather pick my favorite child than pick my favorite Brian Fallon record (and song)...they are all so great in their own little way.

(I don't have children.)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version